Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Krome is dead and gone ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
estelios

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: My Krome is dead and gone ... Reply with quote

Hello fellow Korg owners.
My name is Stelios and I live in Athens Greece Smile but it seems that Greece is a hostile environment to own a workstation like the Korg Krome.
My Krome stopped working during a rehearsal back in February 2017. The screen blinked a couple of times and then nothing....
I picked it up and went to an authorized Korg service center and waited for the verdict Smile After a couple of weeks, I was informed that the problem was not with the power supply (that I was hoping to be) but it was a problem with the main board!!!
Ok ... so now what? What is the cost of the replacement part and the expected delivery?
For this question I had to wait for approximately one month!!! Finally I had the answer late March- early April (I do not remember the exact date), and the answer was an x amount of money for the replacement part and a wait time of 4 months to be delivered!!!!
Ok guys, for the price I understand that is an expensive part and I finally decided to pay for it, but, why should I wait 4 months?
The answer to this question was that "the Krome workstation are very well built and they have never faced a case like mine in the past" and they do not have a replacement part in stock and they have to place an order in Japan and wait for the delivery and this is the reason.
I said ok, I placed the repair order and waited... but the part did not come...
To make the long story short, the delivery date was postponed 4 time up to now the first date was July 2017, then September, then mid-November and now is 31/12/2017. I forgot to mention that the 31/12/2017 is the delivery date to Japan Offices. IF we believe that they will keep their promise this time (I do not have any reason to believe them anymore, I am convinced that they will miss the date again), and considering the time needed for the part to come in Greece, it is very probable that I will have a birthday party in Feb 2018 for the death of my Krome without the replacement part on hand.
From October onwards I stopped talking with the service center and I now speak with the "Korg Dealer" Support chief engineer in Athens, Greece. I tried to find a way to escalate my problem but did not find any way to do that. Pity me.
Of course my musical obligations could not be postponed for a year and so, I was forced to buy another keyboard from another company Smile
Is this the typical Korg Support???
What have I done wrong???
Stelios
Ceyhan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Estelios, first of all I'm sorry for your loss, and yes that is all the support you can get from korg. I think korg is brillant in every way, their product range is very good, sounds programs and prices, except support. I love korg. However you should hope to be lucky to have a well built keyboard, then you can play it without any problems for 20 years. You were unlucky to pick the wrong one. Korg support makes you believe in destiny. Maybe if we lived in Japan or USA, this issue would be solved for you by the nearest korg dealer but we don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: