Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS - Using Additional Outputs / Migrating to a new unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sensationlive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: KRONOS - Using Additional Outputs / Migrating to a new unit Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a new Kronos 2 owner and just starting up with this hot rod. Couple of ?s.

If I plug in a second set of outputs into the Kronos and to my mixer will it affect the stock sounds on Kronos. Reason I want to do this is that I'm pre-wiring my rack and want to plug 2 stereo pairs into my mixer for future use, sending loops/songs through the 2nd outputs. Just want to ensure that if both stereo pairs are connected that I don't lose any audio quality in case the program is setup for surround mix

I also have a demo unit I'm creating my sounds on. When my new unit arrives am I able to back up and migrate all my data (including a secondary SSD drive) to the new unit? Are there any extra steps required to do this or just follow processes out there on YouTube etc.

Thanks.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, there's no loss of sound quality as all inside the Kronos is digital. But, as soon as the signal is routed outside, it gets trough DAC so, theorically, there's a loss of quality. But, in fact the Kronos DAC are of very good quality. So, all's good !

As regards, a backup of your sounds, it is possible as soon as there are no Shop Korg sound banks. The Key ID is attached to a single unit. You won't be able to play them on your second Kronos, unless you pay a second time.

On this condition, you will be able to backup all your SSD toward a second one.
The fastest way to do that is to do a LAN connection beetween your Kronos and your computer. You can then do a full backup to be restored into your second unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: