Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Map
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GXG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, Pete ! I indent to so exactly as you told me, to keep them both for a while, to be able to understand them before making any decision. I already red a good part of the manuals of T5, they are very poor in information, it's like Yamaha conceived their keyboards just to play out of the box and to pay for each extra Voices, Styles etc. Only having them side by side and knowing their good and weak parts can have a fair opinion. Before Pa3X I had a Korg M3 and I must say that concerning only the sound, it was a step back to go to arranger, but I needed the arranger part. The green grass is also a good advice to keep in mind !
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very wise and sensible.
I know exactly what you mean regarding M3 (I had one too) - I now have the Kronos and IMHO the PA3X and Kronos is just about all I will ever need.
I use the CX3 (Hammond sounds) a lot as I play in a blues band but I also use the Kronos sounds as my PA3X "UPPER 1" sound - this works pretty well too.
I find that there is very little double-up (overlap) in features between the two. What you get with one, you dont get with the other etc...

Hope you figure it all out and that it doesn't cost you too much cash.
When I owned both Yam & Korg, I deliberately played the same numbers (with the band) using both keyboards (recorded too) - there were many things I liked about the Tyros but seriously it got to a stage where I automatically went to the Korg as a first choice.

But it does come back to what you want to do with it.

There are many things that I prefer about the Korg mostly from a performing point of view, like:-
Tempo lock
Bass inversion instant access
AI chords (Yamaha's have never worked since T1!!)
User playable Intros and Endings
Complete control over FILLs (not on Tyros)
Complete control over DNC (SA sounds on Yamaha do not enable complete control)
Touch screen and OS too
etc...etc...

Anyhow, please let me know how you go - I would be very keen to hear about your experiences owning the 2 together.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
smifenuf1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Drum Map Reply with quote

How do you find the drum kits anywhere to begin with? I don't see them listed in the keyboard set library/ set list. i want to play manually with my fingers and not with the accompaniment stuff.

BillyHank wrote:
Has Korg ever produced a Drum Map for any of these arrangers?

Seems to me Korg has been very secretive to not provide a list showing what sounds are included with each drum kit and the key number too.

If anyone has discovered these lists, I sure would appreciate a copy or the location where they may be found.

My need is to produce drum maps for Cubase - I will gladly share these when finished.

Bill G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: