Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting an Effect to Mod Control Knob in Combi Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goat1927

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Setting an Effect to Mod Control Knob in Combi Mode Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked previously...it's 2 parts:

1. I have a Fender Rhodes-type program saved for which I have an insert effect (phaser) activated, and the dry/wetness can be adjusted by turning Mod Controller Knob 5. After saving this sound and then adding it to a combi (with one other program on a separate channel), Mod Controller 5 no longer allows me to control the phase effect that I mapped to it. How can I correct this?

2. On the same program (which will be part of the same combi), after fixing the above effect situation, I want to also add another effect to that Fender Rhodes-type sound that can be mapped and adjusted via Mod Controller Knob 6. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help - I've consulted the user manual, but this isn't addressed as specifically as I need it to be.

MJ
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controls get complicated in combi. Tone adjust page has to be set to the exact timbre you want to control or else it will not control what you want.
With IFX controls it may be different but I am not sure. Either way it is worth it to try the various control surface modes such as setting to tone adjust and then set tone adjust to the timbre you are working with.
If that is not working, set the control panel to timbre/track mode and specify the timbre/track you want to control.

It is most likely a control surface mode issue. Control surface can be set to Karma/RT, timbre/Track, tone adjust, and whatever else is there in the left panel where Karma and drum track turn off/on and latch. Also be sure the timbre is specified such as in tone adjust page you have to enter the timbre number to route controls to control that timbre.
Also timbre/track control mode may need a timbre highlighted for the knobs to refer to, if the knobs do not simulteanously control every timbre set to use the same knobs.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for the “copy from program” function in combi mode. If you just add the program to the combi, you lose all the effects and have to reset everything. But if you use the copy from program function, you can start your combi with everything that’s in the program and can build the combi from there.

Hope this helps! Good Luck Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply adding a Program to a Combi doesn't automatically bring its effects with it, since a Combi could easily be swamped with effects, and the processing overhead associated with them, and an adverse effect on polyphony. In view of this, Korg have set a limitation of 12 insert effects, 2 Master effects and 2 Total effects for both Programs and Combis.

There is an option in Combis (and in Programs too) to copy the effects associated with any Program, Combi, or Song, to the selected Program. The option can be found in the drop down at screen top right. If the Combi already uses a lot of effects, a compromise will need to be made.

(Heh, almost beat Kid Nepro to it :-))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: