Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Komplete 11, laptop & midi controller Akai Advance 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Komplete 11, laptop & midi controller Akai Advance 61 Reply with quote

Seriously considering the above set up in 2018 versus buying a Kronos 61 or 76. I am happy with my keyboard set-up but I am thinking that VST is looking really interesting when the Akai Advance 61 can trigger Komplete and other libraries pretty easily, the Youtube videos are pretty interesting. Sure, I don't need tens of thousands of sounds, beats, effects etc. but I like the simplicity of the Akai Advance and the sound libraries on Komplete 11 are pretty spiffy . I would be interested in reading if any forum members have gone the VST route with a similar type application. I would also like to know which is better, Apple vs a Windows 10 laptop for VST and this type of set up. Thanks ! Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp has taken that route.

Almost at the bottom of the page:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112744&start=30
gnbutt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read his message and I think he's right. Do I spend almost $5K for a new Kronos in 2018 or buy a laptop, VST software and a 61 key AKAI Advance MIDI keyboard. It's cheaper and looks like a pretty slick configuration. hummmm. Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: