Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x Reply with quote

I installed 2.0 fine on my Korg PA 4x using USB sticks. Now when I want to install another set of styles using those sticks, when I insert the USB into either USB port (front or back) the system gives me a message that it recognizes the media is going in but I cannot access it using the pull down menu. What the hell is wrong? I have the same problem in Global/Mode/Media as well as in Media. When updating to 2.0 it pulled the files off the sticks. Help! Getting frustrated? Thanks
rik321

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

I press the Media button - I didn't know the drop-down menu was used for this?
Now: Korg Pa4X (76) Roland HP1
Prev: Technics, Yamaha, Pa1X, Pa1X Pro
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean. I press the media button to get into that area. Then it doesn't work. The machine recognizes when the USB is inserted because there is a message on the screen, but the pull down menu on the left side of the screen has Korg Drive or System as a choice but not USB. Am I doing something wrong?
rik321

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media screen shows on page 916 of the OS2 manual and the device box is to the lower left of the image above the 'load' tab.

The Storage devices should be available from this list box:

DISK
    HD (IF FITTED)
    SD
    USB-F (FRONT)
    USB-R (REAR)

If your USB isn't showing here then can you test with another USB stick?

Jetwoman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x Reply with quote

Yes I saw that in the manual. When I press copy to the screen goes to
Korg Disk/SD/HD Connection screen
Disable/Enable

Do you know what this does? It is defaulted to disable. When I enable it and then disable it again, when I go back to the regular media page my usb appears. Still can't load the styles from the usb into favorites slots. Was able to do it on my PA 900 but still am confused by these screens in the PA 4x.

I don't understand what that enable, disable screen is for. Do you know? I haven't found it in the manuals.
rik321

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This DISABLE ENABLE option is on page 946 of the manual, and it refers to linking to a personal computer (pc) using the USB host post on the rear of the Pa4X - uses a USB type B connector? These were common on printers.

Have you connected it to a pc?
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it also will not show if it is not formatted as Fat32 - even though the screen flashes the message it is loaded.
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use small USB chips (4 - 16 GB) and they always work. Do you have a SSD chip installed? If you do make sure it is 32Gb or smaller, or that you have reformatted it to have only one partition. The Pa4x likes anything attached to a USB port to have only one partition. I have had weird things happen from booting to being able to see various media involving this issue. Smile
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments. I have not connected to a computer. I did format the USB to fat 32. Now this is what happened today. I was still trying to install additional styles from my USB device. So I went to media, put the USB in the drive, and still was unable to access it with the drop down menu. Then I accessed the Enable/Disable screen and enabled, then disabled again. When I went back over to the drop down menu screen, the USB showed up and my styles pak was there. I was able to highlight it and load it. I am totally confused as to why this worked. Am still waiting for response from Korg support but not holding my breath. I don't understand why I can only access the USB drive this way. Does anyone have any other insights? I am using OS 2.0.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS version 2.01 fixed some bugs. Maybe that is one of them? Just guessing.
Jetwoman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: USB not accessible in pull down menus in Korg PA 4x Reply with quote

I wondered that too. I will install it but the notes on it don't mention anything like that as an issue. Thanks for the suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: