Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which one ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bajatul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Which one ? Reply with quote

I want to buy one of electribes and i have low budget(~200$) . For tekno/tribe/hardtek which one is a good deal between ea/es/er ?
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an ES-1 and an ER-1. For hard electronic styles, you'll LOVE the ER-1's drum synth parts:

ER1 PLUSES:
-you can make deep gutsy kicks with the Low Boost, really great tone for a non-analog!
-people like to slag the snares--and the options are admittedly limited--but there ARE options: the little squiggly mod source ("noise decay?") is your standard snare, but you can layer it with stuff like the clap, OR use the S+H one at superfast rates and that's basically a snare too! If it sounds too clappy, run it through the Low Boost for some sweet body.
-these parts are also good for all kinds of different synth stabs + arpeggiations, so it can be more than a drum machine.
-you can do cool rolls with the delay effect.
-each part has a motion sequence! Take any parameter and record it for the length of the pattern!

...BUT...

-it's almost more of a supplemental drum machine, because as said before, it doesn't cover EVERYTHING the way a 909 or something would. I actually use ES-1 + ER-1 with one fed into the other: ES-1 has the drumroll button per part that you can automate, and a global multiFX in addition to a slightly more fully-featured delay. It's not a synth, though, and not quite as dynamic for live play.

GET THEM BOTH!

EDIT:
Back to your original question: currently, ER-1 is more expensive on the used market, about 2X the price of an ES-1! The synth one, EA-1, seems like a bit of a turd and doesn't seem to offer much compared to the rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: