Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay tempo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chilitopper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Delay tempo Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to alter the tempo of the stereo delay. Anyone tried this ??
Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several stereo delays. For the BPM delays, e.g. Stereo BPM Delay, the tempo can either be set directly as a delay parameter, in BPM, or set to use the system MIDI tempo (i.e. the tempo that's set for the Program or Combi). For some of the other delays, the "delay time" is the parameter that can be used to set the "tempo" of the delay, and can be calculated thus:

delay = 60000 / tempo

Where delay is in milliseconds (ms) and tempo is in BPM

e.g. for a delay with a tempo of 142 BPM, set the delay to 142.5ms.

However, for delays that repeat at the song tempo, it's better to use the BPM delays, with the delay parameter set to MIDI, as it is rather cumbersome to have to calculate and then set the tempo using milliseconds. With the BPM delay parameter set to MIDI, it is possible to set the delay by hitting the Tap Tempo button in time to the music being played. The delays using milliseconds delay times are generally better suited for more rapidly occurring effects than the song tempo, although delay times of up to 2.7 seconds can be set.

chilitopper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks voip. I wasn't using the BPM Delay originally so I had no options for adjusting tempo. It's working fine now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: