Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 won't power or boot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gklingen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2 won't power or boot Reply with quote

Kronos 2 won't power or boot
Hi, this started happening last week.
First, my Kronos (one year since I bought it) started to show the "SYSTEM STARTUP FAILED" screen when loading the keyboard (when I turn on it). This happened random. Sometimes it worked.
A few days later the Kronos started to have problems when turning it on. Basically it won't power on. Also randomly.
So, it is really rare if I am now succesfull on turning it on, and loading correctly.
I live in Argentina. A good, reliable and honest Service repair place is rare to be found. The official service place has many bad reviews.
Does anybody experienced something similar? I reviewed the RAM memory, and it is correctly placed in the slot. I also reset the Kronos to factory settings and then updated the IOS. Nothing changed. Besides from that, I don't have other options.
Thanks for any recommendation.
Germán
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you up dated the OS before the K suffered the hard failure. If you happen to get it to boot up again. I would try this. I had the same issue a couple years ago. Up-dated the OS AND THE FIRMWARE. After up-dating the firmware (different than OS) my issue was solved.
Gklingen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Falcon...can you please explain that? I updated to the latest 3.1.2. Is that the OS or the firmware? Where do I get the firmware (or OS), different from the 3.1.2? Thanks!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sir, the FIRMWARE is different from the OS. It looks like your OS is up to date, but I think the newest firmware is v 1.08. I hope this link will work for you. Good luck! http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/424/2545/

Or this... http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/424/2536/
Gklingen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!! will check that!
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone post the method on how to check the firmware version on the Kronos ?

Thank you !

- JT
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the Kronos version. For the original Kronos and Kronos X, if the start up display shows graphic icons depicting the nine sound engines, then the firmware is the latest, V6.04. For the Kronos 2 there is no such distinguishing feature. There is no other way of determining the firmware version without risk to the Kronos. The Kronos LS, Platinum, and Gold do not currently have any subsystem firmware updates.

The firmware updater can be used to install the latest subsystem firmware. Even if the latest version is already installed, no harm will come to the Kronos. Use the correct version for the Kronos, Kronos X and Kronos 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: