Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Plans for Electribe2 Mk2? More polyphony, analog voices?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delta_sine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Any Plans for Electribe2 Mk2? More polyphony, analog voices? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've been a huge fan and user of the Korg Electribe series since the ER-1, and have used both the ER-1, EA-1, EMX-SD, and now Electribe2.

Out of all of these the 2 is my favorite one personally. If Korg is planning the next version (which, I desperately hope so..), I recommend the following suggestions:

1) Increase polyphony to 128 voices.
24 are simply not enough for a 16-track multi-timbral instrument. So many times has my E2 failed during live performance due to the max polyphony being reached. Due to sound layering and polyphonic patches, the best the little E2 can do is 5-6 tracks without crapping out. To remedy this i hook it up to external gear, which is my current setup. But the E2 sounds very nice all by itself.

2) Analog parts. It would be good if Korg starts integrating some of its analog technology into the Electribe series, even if it's just a monophonic voice to begin with. it would make a huge difference. Ideally, would like 8 voices analog polyphonic, with the option of being able to play 4 of those voices multi-timbrally (for drums and basses), coupled with the digital parts of upto 128 voice polyphony.

3) Ditch 1/8" midi. I've had my E2 since 2015 and the weakest link in the E2 are these dumb 1/8" midi jacks. Nothing beats the reliability of a traditional 5-pin midi jack and when you have a live show to do, it makes all the difference. Korg please remedy this in a future release.

4) "Pro" versions of the Electribe 2 mk2:
I understand the asks will mean price increases way above the $399 mark. But to be honest, Korg is so close on the design of that adding analog parts, increasing polyphony, and reverting the midi jacks back to 5-pin, are such low-hanging fruit. I would gladly pay $1500-2k for an Electribe2 mk2 Pro with all these features, if it would save me from carrying around my elektrons and novation circuit to work around the current Electribe2 limitations..

Else, I'll have to wait for behringer to come out with a cloned version with pro features..

Korg, any thoughts? Very Happy
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: