Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos virtual memory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Kronos virtual memory Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many sample packs the kronos will load in the virtual memory and in what order does it load them.
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, but I imagine that it would be difficult to give an accurate answer because the size of each sample pack varies.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to load at least 6 packs each containing no more than 50mb, i know the kronos can handle these small packs specially in virtual memory there is still plenty of ram, i am getting a loading error on one the packs.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should be able to load these. What's the exact error message? Also, are these from the Korg Store or from other places? On my K2 with standard PRELOAD.KSC I have 768MB free. I've loaded many libraries up until I hit max RAM.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are my own sample packs and i have plenty of ram remaining i don't use the preload.ksc file so that saves me ram space. when i load just says error in loading sample pack.ksc_userbank but it does load my other 2 packs 1 to ram and 1 to virtual memory.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOw was the sample pack created? Does it load into RAM if you choose only to load it? I have seen sometimes when I'm bringing in new sample libraries, created from Translator for example, they will show up odd (zero or very small MB) when I try to load. The won't load properly. Rebooting almost always takes care of this.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The disk size for the multisamples I created up to now is 202 Mb, but they only need 47 Mb of virtual memory, so 23,27 % of their original size. Cool
jbeliz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have about 440mb of samples that i am constantly editing that load to ram i created another 4 smaller packs of no more than 30mb each. They all load into ram correctly but want them into virtual memory i am having trouble with 1 not loading.
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the same sample pack that's causing the problem, or a different one every time?

If it is the same one, what is different about it to the others?

From memory, I think there is also a limit to the total number of samples you can load into the Kronos (possibly 16,000 - I can't remember). Are you anywhere near the sample limit? (Sorry if I'm getting that one wrong, by the way - really can't remember).
jbeliz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only that one sample pack that is giving me trouble i have tried removing it from auto load and also re-saving it to my drive and it gives me the same auto load error. I will continue to see what it can be. if it loads to ram fine it should load to virtual memory.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try FORCE NEW USERSAMPLE BANK ID option when you SAVE SAMPLING DATA. Your programs would have to be re-linked to the new KSC.

Busch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: