Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

which type of internal battery inside classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi korgboy.

I think what Synthia posted closes this argument.

Synthia wrote:
I just had a chat with a very kind and helpful guy at Korg UK and yes,they all have a soldered battery

The battery has nothing to do with keeping time. All KORG workstations that keep time have a """second""" battery.

Regards.
Sharp.
anders

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm... this is getting really confusing ....a guy at korg in sweden told me for sure there is a battery inside the korg classic..could it be that even korgs own experts have wrong??...this is really strange... i wonder if korg in uk could solve this mystery out?
korgboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi korgboy.

I think what Synthia posted closes this argument.

Synthia wrote:
I just had a chat with a very kind and helpful guy at Korg UK and yes,they all have a soldered battery

The battery has nothing to do with keeping time. All KORG workstations that keep time have a """second""" battery.

Regards.
Sharp.

The point is that this is confusing to a lot of people because some people at Korg say the Triton Classic has a battery, and other people at Korg say it does not, so it seems like those individuals that have been inquired about it don't seem to know.

I think that if there were a battery on the mainboard of my Triton, it would probably be visible. I've worked on lots and lots of Korg gear and the batteries tend to be easy to find and replace because they are, after all, consumable. There is no battery on the mainboard of my Triton.

It doesn't make sense that a Triton Classic would warn a user about a low battery if it doesn't exist, but there does not appear to be one on the mainboard. Interesting.

And as far as keeping time, versus remembering time, it would make a lot of sense to me that a small battery of some kind would be needed to maintain a clock, to keep it running, but I thought the time and date was simply set in Flash somewhere, since it doesn't maintain time, you can merely set a static time stamp.

-R
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritex4 wrote:
On the Classic, the battery is on the main board.

I made the above statement based on a post on another forum by the Korg UK guy.
So I can't confirm that the battery is visible on the main board.
korgboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would seem odd that it would be somewhere else, but who knows. I have a Triton Classic 61 in pieces that I might look at for the sake of curiosity. Normally this is a fairly straightforward question, so it is quite interesting to me that it's somewhat difficult to answer for certain.

Thanks,

Russ
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced my switches in my Classic yesterday. There was no battery, but there was a "high capacity" capicitor. It could hold enough charge for ROM.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no battery in the newer Korgs since they use flash RAM. I've had mine apart quite a few times (pictures are posted for reference) and I have never seen an internal battery. And for the record, I can safely state I've had more Tritons apart than most of the Korg employees who do technical support.

Also, I find no reference to it in the service manual.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
BruceL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not saying there isn't one.. BUT, if there is a CR2032 battery inside the classic i have yet to see it.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: No backup Battery used on Triton Classics Reply with quote

What battery?......no battery in mine either. Supermicro stopped using batteries on their motherboards too back in the 90s and the large blue capacitors took their place. I've seen good and bad (leaked or just died) and most looked the same on the outside. 14 years now and the Triton's is still working fine which is amazing since it was turned off continuously for 3 years and it held the charge. At some point the blue capacitor too will need to be replaced which is no harder than replacing a soldered battery and will only cost a few dollars more plus shipping if you do it yourself.

But if you use the Triton (orig Classic only) then it's being charged and should last a long time. The Triton still sounds great if not better with age as it seems more mellow and can definitely go deep maintaining its clarity.

The Triton classic was made in Japan with good quality CE rated parts but I'm not sure about the power supply itself. The components inside such as the MB and a really nice looking power supply I hope is EC rated are made of much better components than your average electronics. I have a much older Supermicro MB in a computer to run a OASYS PCI "just in case" I need it and it's blue backup cap has continued to function so not that surprised to see the capacitor in the newer Triton also lasting, just surprised at how long they last compared to the batteries. Triton should go another 5 years as that's how much older the SM MB is....and it's still working with almost no use during the last 14 years of its 19 yr life so far! Great quality to last so long...

BTW....the Triton Extreme went back to using a battery so that makes this issue confusing.

I was planning to replace the battery when adjusting the Triton's joystick to get it not to click (spring end in the way) as its done since new and get rid of the free play. I have it working much better now but Korg's simple refined joystick now on the Kronos is the best solution IMO and the Triton's coil spring design will never feel as good with the rocker sensation at center position, which doesn't affect the precision of the data at that location, just how it feels there which is a little sloppy and uneven compared to the Kronos or M50. But it's location precision is still accurate so the player can adjust for it as usual.

John^^
buttonjaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Damper pedal settings Reply with quote

Ok so I hate to resurrect a 5 year-old thread but this has the most activity so hate me if you will Very Happy

So I was curious if you TC owners ran into the pedal polarity settings not being remembered when you power off your Triton. Mine does NOT remember them so I'm thinking that there must be a battery that holds those settings when its powered off.

If anyone has any answers to whether TCs have batteries or not I'd be grateful.

buttonjaw
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settings made in Global mode can be saved into internal memory, using the dropdown obtained by tapping top right of screen.
buttonjaw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Settings made in Global mode can be saved into internal memory, using the dropdown obtained by tapping top right of screen.

Thank Volp!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: