Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg TR61 battery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan Sutton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Korg TR61 battery Reply with quote

I have had a Korg TR61 since 2005. Recently, it has begun changing its MIDI send channel without any input from me. I have never changed the battery, so I have opened it up, but can see no battery. Searching online and at this forum has not provided an answer, although one person has suggested it does not use a battery. This seems odd, but can anyone tell me where the battery is located, or have any idea what could be making the MIDI send channel change on its own?
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, that's correct. It uses non-volatile internal flash memory and doesn't require a battery.

With regards to the MIDI send channel changing, I'm not sure how that would be happening. I would suggest System Exclusive messages arriving on the MIDI receive channel but that would be quite unusual to change the MIDI send.

Does it do this when completely disconnected from anything else?

You could also put your TR61 into full test mode. Be aware this will reset your TR61 so make sure you back everything up first.

From the service manual:

How to start the test mode
ENTER+5+POWER ON : FULL TEST(61/76Key)
MENU+5+POWER ON : FULL TEST(88Key)
ENTER+2+POWER ON : OMIT THE INERNAL TEST

How to operate the test mode
ENTER : PROCEED THE TEST
V ALUE▲ : ITEM UP
V ALUE▼ : ITEM DOWN
FF : STEP UP
REW : STEP DOWN

NOTE:
When the test mode starts, the calibration values of Joystick and Aftertouch are reset.
When the test mode is proceeded in order, please take the calibration at each item.
While operating the internal test, turning the Rotary encoder enables you to adjust the
contrast of the LCD but the indication might not appear since the data update of the
contrast cannot follow on time. So when adjusting the contrast, please do that after
finishing the internal test.
*Conditions when starting the test mode
-Use a write-protected SD_CARD.
Dav

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting how to enter full test mode. I was wondering if there's any chance of rendering a keyboard non-functioning if messing with the full test mode improperly. I purchased a used TR from GuitarCenter and want to make sure it's fully OK, so I thought when it's delivered I may put it in full test mode to see what it says. Any other advice to check out a used TR would be appreciated. Thanks...

- Dav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: