Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg LIVERPOOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Korg LIVERPOOL Reply with quote

I have the opportunity to buy a new one real cheap but wondered if they are any good?

Any views/reviews?

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
RMepstead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent styles files onboard if you love Beatles hits...and many of them.
Link your normal keyboard up so that the sound goes through your keyboard sound system and not the Liverpool as its a bit basic.
Finally be aware that the keys are slightly smaller than a normal keyboard and it takes a little bit of getting used to.
rockola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Korg Liverpool Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

How much is "real cheap" ?

I suspect that these have been discontinued and Korg are getting rid. They were originally around £500 in the UK but have recently been reduced to £335 at many Korg dealers (even at Amazon). There is one on Ebay today for £189.99 which is being sold by a seller in Milton Keynes (UK). I strongly suspect that this firm is Korg's own clearance outlet.

I bought one a few weeks ago and I am a little disappointed. It is basically a microarranger with 64 of the styles replaced by song specific Beatles styles. The Beatles styles are very good, the instrumentation can be edited, but the resultant edit can't be saved to the user banks or the SD card. I am considering, as a long-term project, "recreating" some of the styles on my PA800 using the "create new style" facility. I'll probably never get round to it though.

The internal memory also contains 100 Beatles songs (midifiles) which are very good but, again, can't be saved.

The amplification is 2 x 5 watts and the speakers are 10cm. so you can imagine what that sounds like. It really has to be played through an alternative form of amplification and, even then, will sound very poor compared to your PA4X.

If you are a "mad keen" Beatles fan, and you have a little spare cash, you may feel it is worth a punt to have a bit of fun. I will only be really happy with it if I can find a way to transfer the Beatles styles and songs to a much better keyboard.

Happy New Year to you, and thanks for all the advice and support you provide to members of this forum.

Don
RMepstead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don... In my case I have a reason for using this Korg Liverpool.
www.beatelles.com
Roger M
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don
Quote:
How much is "real cheap" ?

About USD460 (new and full warranty)
Is that good?

I already have the PA4X and wonder if this is a waste of my money - just seemed like fun!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not a waste in my book. If you get a load of pleasure from it, then it's worth it.

I know it's going over old ground, but it'd be great if those Liverpool styles could be pulled off the thing and distributed to us owners of other Korg boards.

Roger: Do you have any mp3's of your Beatelles we could have a listen to?
rockola

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Liverpool Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

I paid £335 for mine, new, with full warranty (extended from one year to three years on registration). I have just checked the exchange rates and $463US converts to £341.79 so it is almost the same.

I have established that the Ebay UK seller is the clearance outlet for Korg UK. They have re-listed the item at £189.99 and quote the "recommended retail price" as £399.99.

I spent a couple of hours playing my "Liverpool" yesterday and, I have to say, I quite enjoyed it. I wish I was more proficient with MIDI so that I could play it from my PA800 and using the keybed and sounds that it contains. The Beatles styles and songs are very accurate however.

I looked at the Liverpool when it was first released and at that time, at £499, I thought I wouldn't bother. When it was reduced to £335, and wanting to treat myself for Christmas, I thought "why not ?"

I don't regret my purchase but, as with all my other Korg keyboards, I tend to think "if only I could do this or play that". I suspect that the deficiency lies with my lack of ability rather than the lack of function of the keyboard. The golden rule, of course, is "try before you buy".

Don
RMepstead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet Giner - we are still putting the act together...but it should be unique as they are all of the fair sex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: