Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Transpose issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemmorris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Krome Transpose issues Reply with quote

What's the proper way to transpose a song? I can enter a transpose figure in the field in GLOBAL mode (+2, -1, etc.) but when I play a song back it doesn't actually transpose....it plays back in the normal key. What am I doing wrong?
kemmorris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suggestions on this? Am I the only one having this issue? Any help is appreciated. tks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is holiday season, after all, so there are fewer folks about. Responses to postings are bound to take longer. Also, none of us are paid to do this ;-)

What is the Global MIDI convert position setting? Is it PreMIDI or PostMIDI?
kemmorris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Pre-MIDI
kemmorris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just so I don't forget.....I can't find a way to adjust the amount of "slide" the joystick creates. I'd like to have it slide the notes far more than the 1 note up or down it currently does. Don't know if the KROME will do that or not. Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. The Global MIDI convert position needs to be set to PostMIDI for the Global Transpose setting to have an effect.

As for pitch bend range, this can be done per Program in the Program P2 editing page, under the Pitch tab. There are separate settings, in semitones, for joystick right and left i.e. JS(+X) and JS(-X). In a Combi it is possible to use the pitch bend values set in each Program used in the Combi, or to override them with a different pitch bend range using the Combi P3: Timbre Param, Pitch tabs. Note here that, whilst a Program can use different pitch bend ranges for joystick +X and -X movement (up to +12 and -12 semitones for each), any override setting in a Combi sets the same range for joystick +X and -X movement, although the range is larger (up to +24 and -24 semitones).

The Krome is a complex, and versatile instrument. The Operating Guide and Parameter Guide PDFs are well written and extremely useful resources to keep to hand, to better understand that complexity. The PDF reader search function can be very helpful in locating the necessary info.

Last edited by voip on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
kemmorris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the info, I will go try those things. I have both the KROME manuals, plus a third (limited) manual from a non-Korg source. However these are all printed as opposed to using PDF. I'll take your suggestion of the PDF search function on-line. I've found many things in these manuals but the above items I could not find or the explanations did not seem to work. Thanks again for your help.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made a couple of changes in my previous posting, to make it slightly clearer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: