Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samples into Continuous loops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Samples into Continuous loops Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently started experimenting with sampling which I pretty much have down but the issue I am running into is making a sample (drums) and having it continually loop without having a gap in it. I attempted to edit the loop on the Kronos in the loop settings and also used the time slice and attempted to lower the sensitivity down but there is still a noticeable gap. If there is something I can do to remove the gap please let me know. I suppose I could probably do this with audacity but I wanted to try to accomplish it on the Kronos itself. Thanks and happy new year!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the sample Edit feature, you can set the resolution of the wave view and from there you can truncate at a fine enough resolution for drum patterns.

Especially for drum patterns, it should be easy to line up the sample wave view to the grid which is respective to measure and beat per tempo arrangement. Then you can bring the grid and wave form view into finer resolution and then slice or cut out parts, or use truncate to automatically trim off edges that hang out of the grid. Maybe you need to shift you sample by cutting off areas at the start of the sample. Are you sure the gap is comng from the end or the beginning of the sample?

Maybe the main issue is knowing the sample edit feautures. Zoom and Grid are features of sample edit that will set you up with the resolution and frame of reference you need to get fine trimming of the beginning and end points.
The rest is aligning the sample, removing the gaps at begining or end and truncating.
Also your drum beat sample should be recorded in the tempo you want and it should have its time(sample length)per measure be the same time length as a sequencer mode measure. Of course you can work sample mode from sequencer mode and have the sequencer measure-count to reference for your sampled measure time length. A little extra effort recording the sample to audio track for metering the measure length. Sample mode grid should be enough to align the sample length to match standard length of a measure..
I hope you sample is recorded whioe playing from the same midi clock the kronos is using? Esecially with drum beats, midi clock rate is important to capture. Not all midi clocks are calibrated equally from one device to the next. The tiny time differences adds up over time as the rhythm repeats. Midi clock sync removes chance for differences.

Nothing wrong with doing it with audacity or other audio workstations, if kronos is not as easy and in-depth editing for samples.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give it a shot, thank you for stopping in and helping out! Happy New Year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: