Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP- Strange Result after Booting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maestro984

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: HELP- Strange Result after Booting Reply with quote

Booted up my Kronos (platinum) on a gig last evening. All the patches and programs are corrupt.BY that I mean they don't sound anything near what they should. I tried the factory reset twice but that didn't work. I'm on OS3.12. Any ideas?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- Strange Result after Booting Reply with quote

maestro984 wrote:
Booted up my Kronos (platinum) on a gig last evening. All the patches and programs are corrupt.BY that I mean they don't sound anything near what they should. I tried the factory reset twice but that didn't work. I'm on OS3.12. Any ideas?

factory reset ? Did you back up your custom programs, etc ?

I was going to suggest you load/save the Factory PCG. If that works , your changes are likely gone if you did not save a back up PCG file.
maestro984

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP- Strange Result after Booting Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
maestro984 wrote:

factory reset ? Did you back up your custom programs, etc ?
With the reset even the factory programs do not sound right.

I was going to suggest you load/save the Factory PCG. If that works , your changes are likely gone if you did not save a back up PCG file.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you turned it off in an ok condition and didn't do any GLOBAL, PROG or COMBI edits prior to turning it off and it doesn't come back sounding the same, then there is a chance something broke during transport..

Here are a few ideas for diagnosing it further:

Is it something with the audio outputs?
- Compare the output coming through headphones output, L/R, and the 1, 2, 3 and 4 outputs. Are all of these coming out equally bad?
- If you compare the L/R and headphones output to what goes through the USB L/R output into a computer, is this equally bad?

If you were to describe the corrupt sound how would you do that? Is it distorted, noisy, across all frequency ranges? Does it affect all programs in a similar fashion? And does it apply to all the EX engines, perhaps some samples were not loaded for some reason, though that should only happen if you saved GLOBAL edits prior to shutting it off (or if you made intentional changes to the auto-load and didn't save).

Good lucking tracking it down Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: