Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JV1080 added to Roland Cloud

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xp50player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: JV1080 added to Roland Cloud Reply with quote

It has been modeled as a DCB synth, not sampled. It has 1083 PCM waveforms, much more than the original, and coincidentally equal to the number offered in the later XV series. The multi-effects are expanded, with SRV reverbs, though still limited to one, with chorus and standard reverb. Single part, 128 note polyphony.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: JV1080 added to Roland Cloud Reply with quote

xp50player wrote:
It has been modeled as a DCB synth, not sampled. It has 1083 PCM waveforms, much more than the original, and coincidentally equal to the number offered in the later XV series. The multi-effects are expanded, with SRV reverbs, though still limited to one, with chorus and standard reverb. Single part, 128 note polyphony.

lovely, leaves just one question...

Did the performance improve from all these VST´s.? i did a free 30 days test about a year ago, but the performance kept me from subbing.. if that improves the Roland cloud with all the additions is a remarkable product.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: JV1080 added to Roland Cloud Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
xp50player wrote:

lovely, leaves just one question...

Did the performance improve from all these VST´s.? i did a free 30 days test about a year ago, but the performance kept me from subbing.. if that improves the Roland cloud with all the additions is a remarkable product.

I've never had an issue with performance, but I am using AU format on a Mac, so I don't know if there are still issues with VST or with VST and Windows.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Performance is fine over here on both of my music computers on WIN10. The Jupiter 8 is a bit of a hog

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
demonp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of subscriptions! Skip.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an actual JV1080 for $100. It is an extremely accurate model, doesn't require an internet connection, never crashes - and I own it in perpetuity! Plus it's compatible with virtually every operating system.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
afr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next step Will be a boutique 1080
demonp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:

That would be a real deal!
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonp wrote:
afr wrote:

Except that it's not commonly known that the boutique modules(digital ones) have inherent latency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmnXzoCktOY

Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
I bought an actual JV1080 for $100. It is an extremely accurate model, doesn't require an internet connection, never crashes - and I own it in perpetuity! Plus it's compatible with virtually every operating system.

Of course.

I have a JV 2080 in perfect condition. So why would I want the RC JV 1080?
One big reason - I work as a keyboard tech for a certain well-known music producer whose onstage electronics we are migrating from the old hardware (including the JV-1080, or 2080) to software. The hardware he uses is getting really old and harder to find from backline rental companies, it is bulky and takes up too much space, and frankly I spend a lot of time hunting down
grounding problems associated with the hardware, not to mention outputs and even MIDI connections failing on the hardware units.

Up until now, there simply has been nothing in software that replicates the
JV-1080 "SA E.P 1" patch. I was able to program a close copy of it on the Yamaha Montage, but that just puts me back in the hardware solution, which
is what we want to avoid.

Now that I have that sound in a software instrument, bye-bye the JV racks,
and good riddance as far as I'm concerned.
xp50player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these patches stand up today, but so many of them are bad Rompler sounds that won’t be missed.
The D-50 VSTi sounds so much more fresh to me, partially because I didn’t own several and run them into the ground like the XP/JVs, but also due to the non-emulative hybrid quality and breadth of new patch banks.
One thing that would help is if the JV1080 VSTi would load my old .SVD patch files.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonp wrote:
afr wrote:

Much like the D50 Boutique????

I don't really understand why Roland made the D50 Boutique,theres plenty of secondhand D50's to be had for Peanuts... far less than the price of a Boutique,they don't exactly command the high prices of real rarer items like TR808/909/303s

The JV1080 Module can be had for less than $100 so I doubt a boutique would make such an impact,plus most of the sample ROM has been recycled to death in every other Roland Module/Workstation so theres plenty of other far better options including the Integra7

I've had 3 JV1080's in my time as much as it has some good sounds for its generation,its pretty dated soundwise now unless you want that specific Sound or a certain preset I expect the Cloud version to be more than sufficient for most nostalgic users of it,I couldn't see it being a huge seller as a Boutique model,even as a synth Head of 40 years and Owner of all the original devices Roland have released in Boutique Form I have zero interest in any of the Boutiques,I just don't dig the Miniaturisation of everything,devices may have become smaller and more compact for practical reasons over the years but my Fingers haven't!!!
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Roland JV1080. An accurate recreation of acoustic and vintage electronic sounds it is not. But I has a certain warmth and character to it and it's a reasonably capable synth engine. It's great for ethereal pads and so forth.

I'm a bit of a musical luddite as I basically do all my music with hardware, mostly as I got sick of the constant compatibility issues and copy protection schemes.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: