Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjusting ADSR in either set list or Combi mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Adjusting ADSR in either set list or Combi mode? Reply with quote

Starting to get to know my Kronos a bit better., but have a noob question. As I put together combis and then drop them into a set list, I find that I might like to tweak attack, decay release or sustain of some of the sounds. Can this be done in Combi mode at the tamber level or do I have to go back to the source sound, edit there and save separately? I’d much rather do this in the combi, but can’t seem to find the controls to do so. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Combi, select the Control Surface then Tone Adjust Tabs. You can choose which Timbre you want to edit. The sliders are usually assigned to ADSR for filter and amp. You can change the assignments of the knobs, buttons and sliders if you want to tweak other parameters. These edits are non destructive so your original programs in program mode will not be affected.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Zippydog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thank you Nara!

So I feel less stupid because the parameters were there but not obvious, but I am still stuck. I have now navigated to that spot in combi mode and see the controls, but can’t seem to find the control to adjust attack (I have an organ patch in tamber 2 and just want to roll off the attack to eliminate the click). Can you plz coach me a bit further on how I do that? I tried all the obvious parameters and couldn’t get there. Once I learn, I’m good to go! Thanks!

[/img]
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The available parameters vary according to the engine being used. I think it may be possible the attack can’t be adjusted on the CX3 engine as it is modeling a Hammond organ, which of course has the characteristic sharp attack and click. I do believe the click level can be adjusted so it may be possible to assign a tone adjust knob or slider for that. Not certain of this but something to look at.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the organ is based off the HD-1 engine, then you will see Filter and Amp ADSR assigned to sliders.

But if the organ is based off the CX-3 engine, then you will see that the sliders are all assigned to the drawbars. To reduce the apparent attack of your organ sound, try clicking off all 4 of the Perc buttons.

If that's not enough, then you can also reduce sliders 6, 7, 8, and 9 to zero to get rid of those upper harmonics. This will give you a softer sound, which is what I think you're looking for.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippydog wrote:
Great thank you Nara!

So I feel less stupid because the parameters were there but not obvious, but I am still stuck. I have now navigated to that spot in combi mode and see the controls, but can’t seem to find the control to adjust attack (I have an organ patch in tamber 2 and just want to roll off the attack to eliminate the click). Can you plz coach me a bit further on how I do that? I tried all the obvious parameters and couldn’t get there. Once I learn, I’m good to go! Thanks!

[/img]

The cx-3 engine does not have ADSRs. Adjusted in the specific engine. If you select the timber that has the organ engine assigned to it you can use the page menu commands to edit that program.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to program/combi categories for various instruments or timbre, I discovered some great factory programs are simply categorized on ADSR differences, like Slow Synth, Fast Synth, or Short Decay.

ADSR controls at the Combi level are so great to have and be aware of, as a solution for keeping the source program unchanged.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was going to suggest just turning off the click for the individual program... Vs editing ADSR.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: