Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to Install Legacy Collection on Windows 7 32bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevieA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Unable to Install Legacy Collection on Windows 7 32bit Reply with quote

I have purchased a Korg Taktile keyboard in order to get the bundled Korg Legacy Collection.

I have registered via Korg ID. Downloaded the Windows versions of the various Korg plugs ins provided in Korg email link.

Tried installing one plug in and Windows 7 32 Bit Laptop throws up message "unable to continue installing as this program is 64 Bit (Or needs 64 Bit version of windows".

I also cannot register on Korg User.net as I cannot get past the locking code part of the registration process, as one needs to be able to run the plug in to generate the locking code.

I was hoping to be able to find 32 Bit Windows 7 versions of the plug ins somewhere on a Korg website. Does anyone know if I can get the 32 Bit versions of the plug ins?

I have emailed Korg UK, but have had no reply yet due to Christmas holidays.
StevieA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to Install Legacy Collection on Windows 7 32bit Reply with quote

[quote="StevieA"]I have purchased a Korg Taktile keyboard in order to get the bundled Korg Legacy Collection.

I have registered via Korg ID. Downloaded the Windows versions of the various Korg plugs ins provided in Korg email link.

Tried installing one plug in and Windows 7 32 Bit Laptop throws up message "unable to continue installing as this program is 64 Bit (Or needs 64 Bit version of windows".

I also cannot register on Korg User.net as I cannot get past the locking code part of the registration process, as one needs to be able to run the plug in to generate the locking code.

I was hoping to be able to find 32 Bit Windows 7 versions of the plug ins somewhere on a Korg website. Does anyone know if I can get the 32 Bit versions of the plug ins?

I have emailed Korg UK, but have had no reply yet due to Christmas holidays.[/quote]

HAVE HAD REPLY FROM KORG UK. LATEST KORG LEGACY BUNDLE WILL ONLY WORK IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT SYSTEMS. DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE A WINDOWS 32 BIT SET UP.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevieA

Unfortunately you are caught between two different product sets and authorization websites.

KorgUser.net holds the (now) OLDER 32-bit Korg Legacy Collection Software and authorization process.

It appears your Taktile controller came with a coupon for the NEW 64-bit KORG Collection, which uses the new KORG Shop and related KORG ID for authorization.

Make sure and keep your new KORG Collection (the 64-bit versions) to use whenever you migrate to a 64-bit OS.

Also, check your PM.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
StevieA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Martin.

I was also unable to register on Korg User Net as I could not get past the Locking Code part, as I needed a Korg plug in to run first to get that!

I've sent the Taktile back today. Many thanks for PM, will not need.

Just to conclude for anyone else to save them days of fannying around with Korg. [b]Korg Legacy Collection bought now via controller keyboard bundle will only run on 64 Bit Windows systems[/b].

This is despite the fact that older 32 Bit versions exist, but Korg will not let people have. Appalling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: