Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You dropped the bomb on me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratsgnik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: You dropped the bomb on me Reply with quote

Trying to get the bomb dropping sound. Found what sounds like a bottle rocket in SFX in program mode. I'd like the bomb dropping sound to last longer and remove the POP of the bottle rocket. I have no idea how to do either.....any suggestions?

Thank you if you can help me out.
Drummond

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitch envelope is your friend.
Korg Kronos 88 (288gb+3gb), Korg Kronos X 61, Alesis Fusion 6HD (60gb+384mb), Hammond XK1c, Moog Slim Phatty, Behringer Model D, Access Virus B, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation X-Station 61, Korg Trinity Pro (with Solo-Tri), Compac Univox II, Casio MT600 and PT82.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, try searching for Programs called Explosion (in General MIDI bank g(3); use the search function to find it) and Thunder, and consider putting them in a Combi, or combining the two sample types used in these Programs as two "oscillators" in a single Program. Start by copying one Program to an unused slot in a HD-1 bank, turning it into a two oscillator program and adding the second sample to Osc 2.

Don't forget Sampling mode, with a range of possibilities, allowing use of a range of formats, including direct audio, .wav file, and Akai sample and sound formats, or from an audio CD in an external drive connected to the Kronos.
ratsgnik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummond, I'm a guitar player who plays some keyboard parts. I'm not too proud to say that I don't know what "Pitch Envelope" is, where to find it....and what to do with it when I find it.....can 'ya help me a bit more?
Moonglow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn’t there a preset in the Kronos that has this patch? “When disco died” or something like that?
ratsgnik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can no one here enlighten me?
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find the sound you are looking for in the Kronos, it really won't take long to find a free sample to download. I'm not sure what kind of ordnance you're into, but this sort of site is one of many - http://soundbible.com/tags-bomb.html.

After you've found the sound, it is a simple enough to load it into the Kronos, create a new multisample, assign the sample to a key, and then convert the multi to a program. Oh, and remember to save the sampling data when you've done...
ratsgnik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, thanks so much for the help!!! I'm sorta embarrassed and proud at the same time. Not being a keyboard player, it took me about 2 hours to find a sample, save the WAV file to a USB, load it, save it and make sure it loaded everytime the Kronos is turned on. Thanks also to whoever the guy is that created the Youtube tutorial....Whew!
pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you've got it sorted. You should feel proud, but definitely not embarrassed - there are plenty of accomplished Kronos players who haven't ventured into many of the Kronos' functions. And I can well understand that it took you a while to nail it, because you were doing it for the first time, but I encourage you to continue - it gets a whole lot easier and quicker once you've done it a few times. Maybe you'll even try sampling your guitar, and messing with the sound! All the best, anyway.
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who care, I would argue that the way the sound was created was with a falling filter resonance, not pitch EG. While none of the engines have self oscillating filters, you can get close by using a pulse with the width set to zero or near zero so you don't hear the waveform. Turn the filter resonance all the way up and set the EG for the correct fall time and frequency to cover the correct range.
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
none of the engines have self oscillating filters

Both LP and HP filters on the MS-20 self-oscillate.
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
LZ wrote:
none of the engines have self oscillating filters

Both LP and HP filters on the MS-20 self-oscillate.

Wasn't aware of that - I'll have to check it out, thanks. Do they do it in their own or does it require a special patch cord connection on the virtual patch panel? I don't recall them oscillating by just cranking the resonance, but I've only used that engine on a handful of patches.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tune if that's what you are actually using the sound for! Smile
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
Do they do it in their own or does it require a special patch cord connection on the virtual patch panel? I don't recall them oscillating by just cranking the resonance

If you haven't tried yet, just turn PEAK up to a high level and give the filter a bit of frequency.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
For those who care, I would argue that the way the sound was created was with a falling filter resonance, not pitch EG. While none of the engines have self oscillating filters, you can get close by using a pulse with the width set to zero or near zero so you don't hear the waveform. Turn the filter resonance all the way up and set the EG for the correct fall time and frequency to cover the correct range.

Technically the Filter EG is acting as a Pitch (frequency) EG. So the same could be done with a sine wave and a pitch EG. Whatever flavor you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: