Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SPDIF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pidcin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Kronos SPDIF Reply with quote

hello, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on this topic of spdif connectivity .

For example if I were to have an Apollo 16 from UAD interface that has spdif connection, how would they connect, if and what type of uses would I get ?

Would it super impose the 16 tracks of the Apollo 16 interface onto the sequencer, thus giving me the ability to record the 16 channels in the sequencer into the daw simultaneously ? Does it extend the line inputs and offer an additional 8 channels? A few years back I had UA 4 channel preamp connect to an older version of Apollo quad with spdif and I believe it replaced 4 channels of the quad with the sdpif, superimposing the 4 channels of the preamp I top of the console . So I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this as I’m considering to purchase a UAD Apollo 16 and connecting it to spdif. And I understand you have 4 line outs and a stereo pair on the keyboard and I could simply connect cables to the line inputs , but if I could connect a 1 spdif cable and have access to 4 channels or more and higher fidelity conversion through this means than it would definitely be something to consider

Anyways, thanks for reading, looking forward to your responses

Nick
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SPDIF Reply with quote

Pidcin wrote:
if I were to have an Apollo 16 from UAD interface that has spdif connection, how would they connect

From the Apollo 16 manual:
"The MADI I/O ports are unused and do not transmit or receive audio."

It seems like their only use is to sync Word Clock.

Like USB, the S/PDIF connections on the Kronos are stereo in and out.
Pidcin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos SPDIF Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Pidcin wrote:
if I were to have an Apollo 16 from UAD interface that has spdif connection, how would they connect

From the Apollo 16 manual:
"The MADI I/O ports are unused and do not transmit or receive audio."

It seems like their only use is to sync Word Clock.

Like USB, the S/PDIF connections on the Kronos are stereo in and out.

I wonder why the Apollo have changed this for the Apollo 16 model! It was kind of sweet to superimpose the 4 audio channels of my preamp onto the Apollo at 192khz...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: