Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Removed Reply with quote

Removed

Last edited by D575 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most interesting read. Having spent some time at Chichen Itza playing a bit with the acoustics of the spaces created there, this post provides some food for thought. Thanks for posting. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here

Last edited by megamarkd on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This subject matter I put up for the purpose of general interest of which I am still interested in which i take a middle of the road aproch and consider as interesting...but as this has been pointed out there may of been a infringement of copyright etc... so I have decided to remove the post and I apologise if I've been naive in this regard and I have asked sharp be complete the process of removal, my intent was certainly not to provoke any negativity or offence and I apologise if this has.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
This subject matter I put up for the purpose of general interest of which I am still interested in which i take a middle of the road aproch and consider as interesting...but as this has been pointed out there may of been a infringement of copyright etc... so I have decided to remove the post and I apologise if I've been naive in this regard and I have asked sharp be complete the process of removal, my intent was certainly not to provoke any negativity or offence and I apologise if this has.

D575, I my apologies for what could have been perceived as an aggressive post. Haworth and Hurtak's work is interesting if misguided and it would have been nice if they had shared the acoustic models they created with the world if only so we could have had "Ancient Aztec" as reverb a preset in expensive effects plug-ins.
Unfortunately the work is driven by beliefs in phoney science that is more about ripping money from those seeking enlightenment than discovering the mechanics behind existence.

I've come across the work in the link you posted in the past due to my interest in audio and sound creation. My friend (who I mentioned in my removed post) and I spent three years messing with synths trying to create complex frequencies that could knock down buildings. Tuning is very important if one is going to use a musical instrument to try to resonance to raze a building. I still like to think one person and the right synth could do it (tip to anyone else trying, additive synthesis, not subtractive).

Audio and harmonics as a healing tool isn't a new thing. Everything in the world has a resonant frequency including every part of the human body, but attempting to resonant the human body isn't a great idea especially the skull and brain. Here's some interesting news about possible use of audio frequencies to resonant the human skull: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/11/sonic-attack-canadian-diplomat-in-cuba-also-suffered-hearing-damage

The tuning issue is a real one and one that should be discussed. Modern electronic instruments are all tuned to the A4=440Hz, which is possibly the worst choise for an instrument that can have any tuning imaginable implemented. It messes with harmonics and creates dissonance throughout the audible spectrum and beyond. There is a good amount of credible research out there on the relationship of harmonics and how musical instrument tuning can affect those relationships. The most astonishing are the videos on youtube that show those relationships using oscilloscopes. Electronic keyboard instruments that include microtuning can account for any sort of imperfections of acoustic instruments inherent in their construction. A step forward to reaching tuning perfection would be to include microtuning presets that include different harmonic tunings to match these imperfections, in the same way that preset scales are being included in 'sketchpad' sequencers these days.

One of the things the Howarth and Hurtak would have been chasing in their research is why music sounds so much more natural and clear when the instruments are tuned correctly. What they "discovered" when they investigated the Aztec temples was that they engineered the rooms for use with tones based around the 424Hz frequency so when sounds containing harmonics related to that frequency were used, the sympathetic resonances occur instead of dissonant beating as the oscillations become mismatched as happens with out 20th century tuning. This begs the question, what instruments were the Aztecs playing? The instruments would have dictated the harmonics they engineered for and I'd wager it was the voice as it is the one instrument that we know every ancient civilisation possessed exact copies of. It would be how the fellow who wrote The Rods Of RA (the book Hurtak's work is based on) would have predicted his findings about the acoustic properties of the Egyptian pyramids would also be that of those in the Americas. The concept of "Scared Geometry" tries to wrap spirituality and religion around simple mathematics

There are a few frequencies that can achieve almost perfect harmonics throughout an instrument's frequency range, but the problem that exists with acoustic instruments is that they all have their own restrictions and not all instrument can be tuned to match each other perfectly across their entire musical note range. Some sharpen in pitch at their extremes and other flatten. There have been many attempts to account for this using tuning and these also affect the standard tuning frequency choice. In the end there is no one frequency that is the perfect frequency as every instrument needs to be treated differently, which means that it will never be achieved in large scale musical groups such as orchestras and concert bands, so happy mediums are required for those cases.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I missed this one.
Wish I was here from begging as is interesting.
I will mention overtones being hugely important for each instruments ability for harmony or dissonance.sine waves have no harmonics,but then a bit of noise can be musical.
Cymatics is displaying the resonance of frequencies, whose patterns can speak for themselves.
Brainwave are expressed in extremely low frequencies, with different states tuned by tones or energies. Binaural beats readily available to tune the brain by frequency.
Though still areas unknown about schumann resonance connection with plenty of room for psycho babble... Which I like and I'm doing, but we need to understand more about vibrational nature of the universe.
440hz was standardised about 1933 and I do wish they'd picked better. Maybe 432 or 528hz. Wasn't aware of 424hz.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

424Hz is the one that was discerned by Wesley Bateman and the JJ Hurtak as the frequency that the Egyptian and Aztec pyramids chambers were tuned to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: