Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free KRONOS astrit set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Free KRONOS astrit set Reply with quote

http://www.piyanistset.com/kronos-astrit-set-download/359/

Rar password: piyanistset

Approximately 800 MB PCM data

Link from Google drive and it is live.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KRONOS astrit set Reply with quote

ebuzer52 wrote:

Some folks ( myself) will not D/L something unless we have more details
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KRONOS astrit set Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
ebuzer52 wrote:

Some folks ( myself) will not D/L something unless we have more details

What kind of details brother?
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Just to let you know that I have found everything to be fine with this, and the other couple of downloads, that ebuzer52 has kindly posted. I had the same concerns as you initially, but the download is fine. It gets a clean bill of health when scanned by my AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes, and I hope to start checking out the sounds themselves during the next couple of days.
Thanks again to ebuzer52 for sharing the links.
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
Greg,

Just to let you know that I have found everything to be fine with this, and the other couple of downloads, that ebuzer52 has kindly posted. I had the same concerns as you initially, but the download is fine. It gets a clean bill of health when scanned by my AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes, and I hope to start checking out the sounds themselves during the next couple of days.
Thanks again to ebuzer52 for sharing the links.

Thank you pete.m brother. Website is safety and to prevent virus danger i am also checking links and scanning by Kaspersky. in addition of these, google drive also scanning files when uploding to it. i do not want anyone's to harm because of my sharings. if anyone meets problem, please let him reply me. Every malady has a remedy.

Enjoy...

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they are samples for the Kronos.

Would be useful to know what instruments, genre's etc.

I looked up Astrit and its a soccer player from Albania

?
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg I really don't have room for anymore sounds on my Kronos without deleting some EX's. I wish he would send us a demo of these sounds. Sure does wanna give samples away really bad. Just saying

Cool
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Greg I really don't have room for anymore sounds on my Kronos without deleting some EX's. I wish he would send us a demo of these sounds. Sure does wanna give samples away really bad. Just saying

Cool

I hear you. We have it great with the factory programming plus custom Ex's. Plus our own ability to edit and tweak these sounds.

I am a 1 man band song writer. For example, I am working on a jazz tune and getting a realistic trumpet and sax by working with the Fx.

So much to play with and the hours slip away. Great time to be a keyboard player.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
benny ray wrote:

Cool

I hear you. We have it great with the factory programming plus custom Ex's. Plus our own ability to edit and tweak these sounds.

I am a 1 man band song writer. For example, I am working on a jazz tune and getting a realistic trumpet and sax by working with the Fx.

So much to play with and the hours slip away. Great time to be a keyboard player.

I downloaded them and had a quick look. They seem to be mostly middle eastern/turkish type instruments plus string ensemble, stringed solo and woodwinds of various types and ethnicity.

There are a lot of programs seemingly scattered across a number of banks.

not really useful for me personally but may appeal to some people,
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebuzer52,

thank you for sharing them. You must have put a lot of effort into putting this together. I'm sure there will be folk who will put the sounds to good use !
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Free KRONOS astrit set Reply with quote

ebuzer52 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It's kind of you.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be this pop star Astrit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1t6v8zC2QI
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Free KRONOS astrit set Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
ebuzer52 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It's kind of you.

Thank you Liviou2004. Did you set up the set? Can u write your first opinions?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've not yet try it. As soon as it's done, I wil tell you.
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my impressions of all the soundsets which ebuzer52 kindly shared with the forum. I've had chance to work through them all now, and I have to say that there is a lot of very interesting stuff in there.

The first thing to say is that there is a huge amount of material. If you were to load one of the five sets in its entirety, you'd probably exhaust your RAM. So what I did was to load sections of it at a time (just the folders containg the KSFs and the KMP file, rather than the whole lot including loading the new PCG slots), and work through it methodically, auditioning the sounds via the multisample page in sampling mode and making notes of the ones I definitely wanted.
I eventually compiled a soundset of my favourites that I have assigned to the part of the PCG that I wanted, and it has worked out really well. You'll probably know the procedure involved - it takes a bit of time initially, but it's worth it in the long run. I can explain it more fully if people are that interested, and can't figure it out.

As for the sounds themselves, they cover a vast range of instruments that anyone who has heard any Eastern European, Turkish and Middle Eastern music will recognise. The quality is very good and, across the various sets, you'll come across a wide range of variations on each instrument.

As someone who has grown up in the west, there are some instruments that I can't really make use of, because they have such a specific cultural resonance that for me to use them would involve me sliding into tokenism or feeling like I'm being disrespectful to other people's cultural traditions - I'm referring to some of the flute and brass instruments and their articulations here, mainly. But there are a huge number of very useful sounds for someone like me. I particularly liked a lot of the stringed and plucked instruments, many of which are far more interesting than the Kronos preset equivalent. There are also many excellent string programs, a good number of which have that particular character that Arabic and Eastern European orchestras excel in. There are quite a few sax (and near equivalent) sounds which strike me as being far more expressive than the Kronos equivalents, and some decent pads and leads as well. If you are after really good accordion sounds, you'll also find them here. All in all, I would say that it's an excellent resource.
I think that my favourite set was the Ashot set, but there is good material in all of them.

You'll find that a few of the patches are limited to two or three octaves, which is a correct representation of the natural range of the instrument, and so I guess that it might be possible to split two instruments into a new single preset - I haven't tried the recent split/layer function yet, so I can't be sure, but that might be good to try.

Anyway, thanks again to ebuzer52 for sharing these excellent sets with the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: