Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x Guitar sounds QR: song Fragile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa4x Guitar sounds QR: song Fragile Reply with quote

Here's a demo of the guitar sounds i've created. First i play the song Fragile from Sting to show the Jazz Guitar Ld, after the song every solo sound is played to show how each guitar sounds like in solo mode (skip to 3:11 to hear the solo sounds).

The Fragile song was easy to create, just select the Modern Bossa factory style, set the tempo to 150 bpm and in this case i selected the Nylon Guitar QR Keyboard set, which uses the Jazz Ld guitar combined with the Acoustic Guitar. Since the complete sound effect setup is in the keyboard set it sounds instantly the same as shown in the video.

The following guitars are shown at the end of the song in sound mode:
03:11 Jazz Guitar Ld QR
03:44 Acoustic Gtr QR
04:03 Purple Chorus QR
04:50 Purple Lead QR
05:00 Sailin Guitar QR
05:23 Nylon Guitar QR
05:44 High Impact QR

Stilli

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Demo Qui, those guitars sound great.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, a very nice demo of the great sounds you've created!
Glad to read you're still working on a sound set for PA4X.

I had a look at some of your Kronos tuturials, they are very interesting, even though I don't own a Kronos.
Would be great if you could create some of those sound editing tutorials for PA4X as well.
It's a topic that's not very well covered by video tutorials, that is to say, I don't know many of them.
The PA4X manual is extensive on sound editing (effects etcetera), but I find it difficult to translate all that theory to practical use and create good sounds myself.
Video tutorials help to understand it better.

Keep up the good work, your contributions are highly appreciated by many, I'm sure about that.

Play in style. Wink
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:

Would be great if you could create some of those sound editing tutorials for PA4X as well.
It's a topic that's not very well covered by video tutorials, that is to say, I don't know many of them.
The PA4X manual is extensive on sound editing (effects etcetera), but I find it difficult to translate all that theory to practical use and create good sounds myself.
Video tutorials help to understand it better.

I will think about it, but to be honest, i don't think lot's of people are waiting for tutorials on the Pa4x, if i see how many people are watching pa4x videos i doubt that it's worth the effort to create Pa4x tutorials that are too much indepth on specific topics.

Also i have quite a backlog on the kronos tutorials videos that still need to be uploaded to my channel, I recorded multiple new kronos tutorials in the last two months, but the editing will take quite some time. So lots of things to do on that part.

But i see that you live in Holland, if you want you could always attend one of the private workshops in my studio, so maybe that's an option
Very Happy
oldguy29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use tutorials on the Pa4x, so much to learn and you have done the best tutorials for the Kronos. However, if it is a choice, I would rather buy your sounds, styles, for the Pa4x and wait till later for tutorials. Wish I was in Holland and could get personal learning. Thanks for all you do for us
Guyske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes, it will be a fatastic boost for PA4X players.

Guy
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

I will think about it, but to be honest, i don't think lot's of people are waiting for tutorials on the Pa4x, if i see how many people are watching pa4x videos i doubt that it's worth the effort to create Pa4x tutorials that are too much indepth on specific topics.

Also i have quite a backlog on the kronos tutorials videos that still need to be uploaded to my channel, I recorded multiple new kronos tutorials in the last two months, but the editing will take quite some time. So lots of things to do on that part.

But i see that you live in Holland, if you want you could always attend one of the private workshops in my studio, so maybe that's an option
Very Happy

Hi Qui, thanks for the offer, but I'm 100% hobbyist and a complete beginner when it comes to sound programming.
So I don't want to waste your time... Smile I will surely consider buying your sound pack for the PA4X though!

Play in style. Wink
Bescki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, BUT, my old pa800s internal tones sound better... When you create sound performances, you need to think as guitarist. People when listen to your music must think that they are really guitars, not keyboard guitars.
Bescki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some jazz guitar: from: 3:26

https://www.facebook.com/Bescki/videos/vb.698770088/10159461934130089/?type=3

Lead guitar:
https://www.facebook.com/Bescki/videos/vb.698770088/10159425467220089/?type=3
Fransman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
Not bad, BUT, my old pa800s internal tones sound better...

I had a PA800 myself, but I think the PA4X guitars are way better and Qui's programming and settings absolutely superb.
A matter of taste probably.

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: