Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!..How to disable main joystick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alancyr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Help!..How to disable main joystick Reply with quote

My original Kronos 61 has a worn out joy stick that needs replaced..I have a gig tomorrow..how can I globally disable the stick without going through every program/combination?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just scanned the parameter guide and I didn't find an option to disable the Joystick. Maybe someone here can tell us if it's possible to physically disconnect the joystick and allow the K to work.
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check on you tube how to replace joystick in your case how to disconnect there are plenty of videos.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sir, you are correct. There are YT videos on replacing the Joystick, my concern is, if you unplug it, will the K continue to operate without creating other issues.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an excerpt from Page 782 parameter guide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2–1c: MIDI CC# Assign —Vector Joystick / Pads
VJS X [Off, MIDI CC#00...119] VJS Y [Off, MIDI CC#00...119]
These assign control change messages to the X-axis and Y- axis of the Vector Joystick. When assigned to CCs, the defaults are CC#s 118 (VJS X) and 119 (VJS Y).
For more information, see “1–1b: MIDI Routing Setup” on page 774.
Important: If you set these to Off, the Vector Joystick will truly be off; it will neither send MIDI, nor affect the internal sounds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is on the Global controllers tab page. It alllows you to set the MIDI CC messages that VJS will send. Off is one of the options and that means Off Globally. It will not be able to affect internal sounds in any mode.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that also, but I think he was asking about the main joystick, not the vector stick.
alancyr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true I'm looking to disable the main joystick as it's not stable..I find it surprising there's not a tab somewhere for this. I'm thinking the spring inside has worn out.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alancyr wrote:
It is true I'm looking to disable the main joystick as it's not stable..I find it surprising there's not a tab somewhere for this. I'm thinking the spring inside has worn out.

Check your personal messages, I sent you one.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alancyr wrote:

My mistake. I am the same guy who picked up a cucumber at the store and then returned home wondering i didn’t have a zucchini like i had planned for originally.

Joystick is one of the fixed assignment controls and probably the only one that does’nt bend so easily to match kronos control surface flexibility. It does take on AMS assignments and Dynamic Midi assignments in Karma. Cannot deny that it has some flexibility.

I am wondering if going through all the trouble to disconnect it internally, maybe just going an extra few steps to wire in a switch that extends out externally so that rather than going in every time, just flip the switch to turn off the circuit to and from Joy stick. ?
Probably not good if the system is sensitive to changes in the signal due to added wiring. Kronos throws out automatic error messages for various reasons and it is not far fetched to suspect Kronos could react to changes in the wiring of JS and disrupt things with an error message.
Simply reconnecting things as they were is always an option if altering internal wiring is an issue.

I would not do the wiring interference on my Kronos. I would rather explore midi routing apps like midiflow and others that can filter out midi messages over any given channel such as the global channel of Kronos. I have iOS app MidiFlow that i use via USB midi. It can take over midi in Apps. It lists Kronos just like any other app but i am not sure how well the midi filter feature can affect Kronos internal midi messages.
I will explore. Thanks for the new idea i now have to explore.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My mistake. I am the same guy who picked up a cucumber at the store and then returned home wondering i didn’t have a zucchini like i had planned for originally."

ROFL You're crackin' me up!
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Yes Sir, you are correct. There are YT videos on replacing the Joystick, my concern is, if you unplug it, will the K continue to operate without creating other issues.

It shoul not it does not cost to check it it is fairly easy to disconnect and then reconnect if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: