Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa4x songbook select button has removed - why ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Korg just has to put in Global
Song Select - on / off
or automation or manual
we know it easy for korg to do..

the Pa5x will have it , just wait
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometime i hit wrong entry and you can't cancel it with second tap on the right one.

Yes you can

Maybe I'm in a weird dream here but I just cannot see the problem - you're in SONGBOOK, you select a SONG and it's loaded - perfect - why do you need an "Are you really sure" button (i.e. SELECT)? You hit the wrong one - so just hit the right one.

So I am assuming then you want a SELECT button on the SETLIST screen for the same reasons??

I found on the PA3X that I was more likely to forget the "SELECT" button and then have to re-enter SONGBOOK mode.
What other keyboards do this?

Would drive me mad if my Kronos wanted me to "SELECT" after everything I already selected.....

Sorry - I sound a bit ratty - not intended - I am curious as to why you want to slow down selecting a song.

I beg Korg not to change it but perhaps make it a GLOBAL option for those that need it as suggested....

... might have a glass of wine now..... Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Sometime i hit wrong entry and you can't cancel it with second tap on the right one.

Yes you can

No, i can't. When i hit songbook entry and it's blinking before it start, while blinking if i press other entry still first one get on and it's style start to play and after that new one begins. Is it just me or.... anyone else?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:
When i hit songbook entry and it's blinking before it start, while blinking if i press other entry still first one get on and it's style start to play and after that new one begins. Is it just me or.... anyone else?

I am trying to understand... "blinking"? What is blinking? I have my PA4X on right next to me and I can rapidly select different songbook entries without any delay or anything blinking.

Could you please explain - thanks - apologies if I have misunderstood

Pete Very Happy
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
striphio wrote:
When i hit songbook entry and it's blinking before it start, while blinking if i press other entry still first one get on and it's style start to play and after that new one begins. Is it just me or.... anyone else?

I am trying to understand... "blinking"? What is blinking? I have my PA4X on right next to me and I can rapidly select different songbook entries without any delay or anything blinking.

Could you please explain - thanks - apologies if I have misunderstood

Pete Very Happy

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-hzcN3IjkV_R1ZosJkLQ0e8I1N1KB8Wk
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:

No, i can't. When i hit songbook entry and it's blinking before it start, while blinking if i press other entry still first one get on and it's style start to play and after that new one begins. Is it just me or.... anyone else?

I had the same experience with my Pa4X ,never had a Pa3X so I cannot compare.

It happened to me to click on the wrong song in Song Book during live performance and then
I clicked on the right song but it was too late because the wrong style started playing and I had to wait and choose the right song to be played.

The best option would be to use the Set List for choosing the song from Song Book.
The songs are displayed very well visually and easy to find them with numbers and song's title.

But the downside is that if during live performance I want to choose a keyboard set from Keyboard Set Library (while the LED's buttons for Set List are ON)
I can mistakenly trigger another style from the Set List, because the Set List area and Keyboard set area are the same, not practical during the live performance.

See screen shot:
commercial photography locations
seaside

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Keyboard set list Reply with quote

While in set list mode,just press set list once again to turn lights off,and will remain off-Terry
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ striphio
Thanks - now I understand your problem - I get no delays or blinking when selecting any SONGBOOK entries and that is why I was confused!!
Have tried for a while and I can't replicate this on my PA4X, so I now have to apologise and am unable to offer any constructive help.

I agree - this must be very frustrating for you.

Pete Very Happy

EDIT: YES I GET THE SAME PROBLEM!! When I watched your video the sound was off on my PC hence I hadn't realised that you were changing songs without stopping the previous song - I never do this, hence I had not experienced your problem. Sorry my friend, I slipped up on the full understanding of this....
striphio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
@ striphio
Sorry my friend, I slipped up on the full understanding of this....

Dont worry Very Happy
It's natural when style is on and there is delay until next first beat meter start (blinking) but it respond slow without that. On pa3x it was ok. Maybe it is because of preselect and select on pa3x.
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
@ striphio
Sorry my friend, I slipped up on the full understanding of this....

Dont worry Very Happy
It's natural when style is on and there is delay until next first beat meter start (blinking) but it respond slow without that. On pa3x it was ok. Maybe it is because of preselect and select on pa3x.

CORRECT Very Happy

Paul
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard set list Reply with quote

seaside wrote:
While in set list mode,just press set list once again to turn lights off,and will remain off-Terry

Thanks for your suggestion.
I am aware of that and I've already experienced this option during live performance, not practical.
The risk to forget to switch between turn off the Set List and Keyboard Set Library is high and long to follow the song (we need to push buttons 2 times to reach a sound in Keyboard Set Library) during live performance and we can easily make a mistake to leave it on.
daviddd_93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I see we are a few players that are looking forward for "Select" button in Songbook.
Let's write all of us to Korg...Maybe they will give us as an option on a next update.
Does anybody know an e-mail for support, or something ?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR

as I said before it easy,

Korg just has to put in Global

In Tile View only,
Set List - on / off

Song Select - on / off
or automation or manual
we know it easy for korg to do..
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: please upgrade. Korg pa4x faults in relation to pa3x Reply with quote

I bought this week the korg pa4x. I loved the pa3x and all its possibilities but I had to buy the new one because mine was already a little old. I am a little sad and worried because there are very important functions missing in the pa4x.
- 3rd master effect on FXB
- select option button on songbook
- When I select a song in the songbook, it changes the sound I'm using in the keyboard set. which completely spoils the passage from one song to another. I need the option for not doing that (like pa3x) the button Style to KBD Set It's supposed to do that in songbook too.
-assignable switches always change when I turn the keyboard back on
-assignable sliders always change position when I switch the keyboard back on
-write global - style Play setup (like pa3x) would be a good option to be able to record as we want the keyboard to start
-the various shift button shortcuts

I have already researched forums and there are many complaints about these topics.
please make an update where we can have these options. They are really very important. I'm korg's lover but there are options that exist in previous versions that we can not miss.
thank you
daviddd_93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: please upgrade. Korg pa4x faults in relation to pa3x Reply with quote

Marco Filipe wrote:
I bought this week the korg pa4x. I loved the pa3x and all its possibilities but I had to buy the new one because mine was already a little old. I am a little sad and worried because there are very important functions missing in the pa4x.
- 3rd master effect on FXB
- select option button on songbook
- When I select a song in the songbook, it changes the sound I'm using in the keyboard set. which completely spoils the passage from one song to another. I need the option for not doing that (like pa3x) the button Style to KBD Set It's supposed to do that in songbook too.
-assignable switches always change when I turn the keyboard back on
-assignable sliders always change position when I switch the keyboard back on
-write global - style Play setup (like pa3x) would be a good option to be able to record as we want the keyboard to start
-the various shift button shortcuts

I have already researched forums and there are many complaints about these topics.
please make an update where we can have these options. They are really very important. I'm korg's lover but there are options that exist in previous versions that we can not miss.
thank you

Hello ! I miss a lot the select button. I found a way that may help you.
Let say you have 6 playlists in your songbook
In first playlist you can rename all songs with first character “1”
In the second playlist you put the first character “2” etc...however you like
Hit the search button (near shift) and set the songbook folder (type)
Than, if you want to see the first playlist songs, just simple search for “1”
Here you can arm the a song, and you have the select button.
It’s a good way, even on stage where you can’t mess around.
Sorry for bad english. Best wishes from Romania !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: