Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User manual ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pidcin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: User manual ? Reply with quote

Hey, is there some sort of user manual that explains how everything works and how to navigate the Kronos 2? I got the book that came with it , but it’s hardly a manual with 20 pages of useless info. There’s gotta be a book that explains how everything works in detail
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manuals are downloads from Korg as PDF’s. I keep them on my tablet for reference. Here’s the link,
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/

I’m sure this info is in the useless 20 page manual.Smile

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the onboard help files, which are context aware when pressing the "HELP" button on the Kronos. Not as comprehensive as the Operation or Parameter guide, but it has more detail than the quickstart guide.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick start guide : 28 pages
Operation guide : 296 pages
Parameter guide : 1174 pages

That should keep you busy for a few hours. Cool
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parameter guide is where you want to end up but hardly where you want to start.
I suspect if Kronos was sold with Parameter guide instead of the 20 page “quick start”, a lot of people would be turned off.

Parameter guide can be as fustrating to use as Kronos can be if you don’t have a good basic foundation in the sytem operation.

Ultimately, Parameter guide is all you will need. It took me a while to get comfortable with using it, all 1177 file pages of it, via PDF.
Good thing about the PDF file version is that you get detailed table of contents view, also view 6 pages on the screen at a time and scroll through all pages 6 per each full screen view(at least that way on iPad), and then the single page view taking up the full screen with zoom, copy and paste and more. Kronos is made to go with a computer even if just a computer tablet. The computer based Parameter guide is much easier than if i printed out pages. So i always have my iPad with Kronos for USB connection to midi and audio apps as well as quick access to parameter guide and the forum here.

The help button on kronos is not very good help after a certain point. I never got enough useful info from the help button. I never even look at the help button any more. If it disappeared tomorrow, i would not notice and would not care -if i noticed.

Sounds like you may want to move to the Operation Guide now and have the Parameter guide handy for when you are ready to leave the Operation guide behind. All on PDF.

Despite all the details Parameter guide offers, it does not get into the basic core details of the machine as a whole, such as plugging it in, what cautions and routines to adopt and things to avoid with kronos as a piece of hardware. I don’t even think Parameter guide shows you how to turn on and off Kronos or plug in the power cable.

So Parameter guide is never the place to start but ultimately it is where you want to end up if you ever want to get deeper into what Kronos has to offer once it has been hooked up, turned on and booted up with a full set in the various banks.
Pidcin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone !

This was the information I was looking for . Funny enough I browsed the korg site to no avail. I guess I didn’t search deep enough.

I play moog and prophets etc and learned about synthesis on those , however I recently got this korg and it’s the first korg I’ve ever owned . The sounds are phenomenal, but it’s a steep learning curve . I am eager for more information and resources

So thanks again
ksi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:

The help button on kronos is not very good help after a certain point. I never got enough useful info from the help button. I never even look at the help button any more. If it disappeared tomorrow, i would not notice and would not care -if i noticed.

hm, I always have the impression that the KRONOS onboard help is a copy of the content in the Parameter guide - or vice versa
RoC1909

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ksi wrote:

hm, I always have the impression that the KRONOS onboard help is a copy of the content in the Parameter guide - or vice versa

I can't remember where I heard it from (I think it was in one of the Korg video guides for the Kronos v2) but I was under the same impression as well.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, start with the Operation Manual (not the Parameter Guide). Read through it methodically. The first couple of chapters have some really good tips for navigating the Kronos effectively.

The onboard help is useful, but mainly as a point of reference when you need to look up something quickly. It's largely based on the parameter guide.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t forget about all of the Kronos videos that are available online. I found them very helpful. They focus on specific functions of your keyboard. I suggest using the videos and the parameter guide.
As for the ‘help’ button, I rarely use it. The content might be there, but the type size is way too small to read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: