Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound needed for the song Never by Heart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankiekeys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Sound needed for the song Never by Heart Reply with quote

Anyone know what sound I could use to come close to the sound being used by Heart for the song Never

Thanks
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I need to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart (no pun intended) for making me go and check out the YouTube of this clip and fall deeply and hopelessly in love with Ann and Nancy Wilson all over again.

OK, now that that's out of the way, it sounds to my ear like a pretty simple FM digital piano with a prominent attack, and a VERY subtle sawtoothy pad sitting beneath it.

My Krome lives in a rehearsal room when I'm not gigging, so I can't be overly specific, but if you poke around with the factory sounds you'll definitely find the piano and pad sounds to suit. If it were me I'd create a Combi and layer the two sounds to taste, after tweaking the factory sounds to make sure they sound sufficiently like the recording.

If you want to be really pedantic, the pad and the piano don't always operate simultaneously or in unison, so you might need to split the keyboard - depends how accurate you want to be I guess.

Truth is, if you're intending to play this track live in a band situation, the pad should realistically barely poke its head above the parapet with all the other instruments in the mix, so you won't need to be overly pedantic in your selection.

Good luck, hope that helps somewhat.
frankiekeys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I will try that out today
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: