Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can samples auto load on startup?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Can samples auto load on startup? Reply with quote

Still a noob so forgive the question. I’ve made my first two multisamples and learned the hard way they need to be saved to disk. I’ve now got them saved to the drive on the Kronos and noticed I have to load them separately on power up. I’ve been looking, but Is there a setting to just have them load automatically on power up or do I just need to load them each time?

Thanks!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer..yes. Go to 'Global' mode..open the KSC Auto Load tab..make sure to check the little box next to 'NEWFILEKSC'...return to and tap the 'Basic' tab....then tap the drop down at the top right (V) and select 'Write Global Settings'

Just in case I missed something, check out p.762 in the parameter guide.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Short answer..yes. Go to 'Global' mode..open the KSC Auto Load tab..make sure to check the little box next to 'NEWFILEKSC'...return to and tap the 'Basic' tab....then tap the drop down at the top right (V) and select 'Write Global Settings'

I don't think it's necessary to save Global after changing the auto-load menu. I make changes every week for church and never save Global. Curious but it works.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
Falcon2e wrote:

I don't think it's necessary to save Global after changing the auto-load menu. I make changes every week for church and never save Global. Curious but it works.

Geo

Hmm..That is interesting, and I believe you. I haven't tried it. This quote is from p. 753 "If you want settings made in Global mode to persist
after the power is turned off, you must write them
into memory. To do so, use the menu commands
Write Global Setting, Write Drum Kit, or Write
Wave Sequence."
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not sure if auto load is part of the global settings (need to he saved) parameters. But it wouldn't hurt to do it just in case.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Not there yet Reply with quote

Thanks a ton for the really quick and clear replies.
I kinda have it....

Followed the instructions above.

I have 2 MS saved to disk. One loads on startup now, but the other does not.

Both are converted and attached to programs that are saved in user slots. After startup, program 1 plays, must not the second one. If I then go to disk and load the user_bank.KSC file, both programs are loaded and play.

Is this an issue where something’s wromg with the sample auto load or is there something I need to do to “rewire” the samples to the program?

Sorry again for the questions....once I get it, i’ll Have it.

Thank you so much!

Addition: I do see in the .KSC/Sampling mode data/ folder, I have the MS that loads in a “multisamples” folder and two more files in an “unreferenced samples” folder. There are two files there that are both NewSample files. Guessing one or both of these are the files associated with the one that’s not loading on startup. That said, I don’t know how to check....or fix.

Stuck.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'm clear on everything you have going on, but once you have EVERYTHING working the way you want, I would go to 'disk' mode and do a 'save all' to your HD. If you have your KSC files set to auto load, everything should work fine the next time you boot up.

BTW, you do know that you have to load SEQ's/SNG's manually, right? I don't know if this applies to your issue.
Zippydog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still only 1 of 2 ms loading on startup. I have rehearsal tomorrow, so I’ll load manually, but will then re-do the ms and see if I can get the new one to load. Frustrating in that 1 works, but the other doesn’t....so I’ll start over in a couple of days.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still puzzled why only one of your samples is working with auto load. Are you by chance overwriting the first sample when you create the 2nd one? If your 2nd sample works from auto load on start-up, maybe the original sample was overwritten.
Zippydog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woomgoog wrote:
Zippydog wrote:
Still only 1 of 2 ms loading on startup. I have rehearsal tomorrow, so I’ll load manually, but will then re-do the ms and see if I can get the new one to load. Frustrating in that 1 works, but the other doesn’t....so I’ll start over in a couple of days.

That used to happen to me too, but then I started renaming the MS's and after I finish setting it up everything on program, combi whatever I always create a new backup replacing my old one. Never had problems loading samples after this.

Thank you that’s very helpful and encouraging. I didn’t name the ms in the one that’s not loading, but I can’t seem to find a place where I can rename it (that’s why I’ve resolved to just redoing it). Can anyone give me a steer on renaming a ms?

If no, I’d take a steer on deleting an ms.

Thanks all for your help and patience!
Phinnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side Note: I can confirm that autoload settings are NOT part of global in the .PCG sense. You have to execute that on each machine (I encounter this transferring between Kronii (Is that the plural of that word? Kronoses?))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: