Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone aware of Krome problems?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Anyone aware of Krome problems? Reply with quote

I keep hearing about start up errors, no sound and other "issues with the Krome.

I've had a Krome 61 for about a year now and have not had any problems with it. However I'm considering getting a Krome 88 as my base board (replacing an old Kurzweil PC2x) and wanted to find out from more experienced Krome owners that have had them longer than I, what issues (software, electronic, etc.) that I should be aware of before making a purchase on the pre-owned market?

What is the most popular complaints about the Krome for which they're brought in for repair?

Were there any bad "batches" out there specific to a year of manufacture or range of serial numbers?

Thank you
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone aware of Krome problems? Reply with quote

miamibeachdoc wrote:
I've had a Krome 61 for about a year now and have not had any problems with it. However I'm considering getting a Krome 88 as my base board (replacing an old Kurzweil PC2x) and wanted to find out from more experienced Krome owners that have had them longer than I, what issues (software, electronic, etc.) that I should be aware of before making a purchase on the pre-owned market?

I've been using a Krome 61 pretty much since it first came out, so I'm thinking that's maybe 4-5 years by now. The only thing that's failed on it has been the power supply (I always carry a spare). Zero sound issues, boot issues, screen issues etc.

I can't see why an 88 would perform any worse - just make sure you audition it thoroughly before you buy it.

The only caveat. Personally I would never use an 88 key Krome as stage piano. I find the action very difficult to get along with for piano playing. Nowhere near as nice as the RH-3 Korg use in the Kronos, SV-1 and Grandstage.
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering either Krome 88 or the MOXF8 as a base board. So I'm gonna have to drop by a local store to do a side by side and get a feel for them.

Although I keep hearing things about boot errors and internal SD card malfunctions and such. So I was inquiring about that..

Thanks for the response.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internal SD card malfunction is a relatively easy fix, so not a real issue. It just needs a copy of the SD card image and some disk imaging software. A backup SD card could be created in advance and taped somewhere handy inside the Krome, so it's ready if, or when needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: