Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Songbook Reply with quote

Ok amazingly after 16 months of Pa4x ownership I have finally got round to using Songbook Editor. I did load the Editor not long after I got my Pa4x but due to having the need to consolidate Songbook and Setlist it became apparent that the only tool for the job was Songbook Editor.

Having configured the Setlists in the Editor which was fairly painless I found that when I reloaded the Pa4x with the new Songbook when it came to playing my midi file arrangements although that have not been moved on the internal hardrive Setlist did not have any of my midi files ready to play.

In Songbook Editor I checked that the resource path was correct on the Pa4x hardrive which they were so the links were correct. Saved Songbook and reloaded to the Pa4x, however still the problem persisted.

So does anyone who uses Songbook have any ideas how this could happen,
On a procedural note once I have a Songbook I want to save I am using the Save As command which as I understand it then saves the Songbook and Setlists to the Pa4x, then use windows remove usb device, then disable the USB/ PC connection on the Pa4x screen.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only saves to the "copy" of the songbook you created on the hard drive. you cannot directly access the "working songbook" with anything other than the pa4 itself.

The rest of your procedure is correct though. Save from Editor to he had drive copy (on the PA4) then load that songbook to over-write the one that is in the system drive.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Look at this and you will know it all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
It only saves to the "copy" of the songbook you created on the hard drive. you cannot directly access the "working songbook" with anything other than the pa4 itself.

The rest of your procedure is correct though. Save from Editor to he had drive copy (on the PA4) then load that songbook to over-write the one that is in the system drive.

Duby, thanks for your reply, I understand that when you save that it saves to the SB on the Pa4x hardrive, hence my question that having made edits in SB Editor that those edits are transferd to the SB residing on the HD of the Pa4x?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

All of my midi songs and MP3 or karaoke are on my SD card including text files..
There's two ways I make a songbook one is inside the pa4x, and I can sort them or rearrange them how I like and what I'm done editing the songbook I just close it... Now if I would like to rename the songs put them all in a different order or make set list I then just copy the song book to a USB memory stick then I go to my computer run the songbook editing program and arrange the music how I like it and make different set list after I'm done rearranging everything I sent it back to the USB stick then I think the USB stick and loaded into the keyboard I'm just loading the songbook nothing else and it's fast and easy..
The other way would be to do like the video shows you what you plug your keyboard into your computer usb and you have to enable the USB under media that will show up on your computer screen then you could load your songbook into your songbook editor and when you're done you save it back and that would save it back to the inside of your keyboard . Again I use a SD card not the free space inside of the keyboard I also made the same identical thing but on a USB stick.
I have a 32 GB USB stick with all my songs on it and I loaded the old songbook into the computer and just changed the resource from SD card to front USB and resaved the songbook to the USB stick. And I put that on my keychain. If the S D card should malfunction I can then put the USB memory stick in the keyboard and just copy over the songbook that links to the USB and I would be up and running. I hope this helps some.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

It would be the same it would be the same the hard drive inside of your keyboard. I use an ST card no moving parts they don't cost much money..
So wherever you keep your songbook hard drive, ST card, USB memory stick..
It would be all the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: