Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't seem to get the piano tone that I want, please help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le_Chuck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject: Can't seem to get the piano tone that I want, please help! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm a professional musician who performs regularly in outdoor based settings. I've recently made the switch from my old Yamaha P series to the Korg Krome and I'm really struggling with the sound. I run it through a Peavey KB3 and the organ tones come through nice and crisp but for some reason I can't seem to acquire the piano tone that I'd like. I've scoured the net trying to find EQ tips for the Krome to no avail so was wondering if you guys could help me out?

The mid range comes out sounding pretty muddy and the overall balance sounds really compressed compared to my older Yamaha (which came out really clean). I've tried it with my mixer and without but still can't figure it out. Do you have any screenshots of EQ touch ups that you'd have for me to try out, I feel like I'm going in blind atm.

Thanks in advance!
Gaz
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Peavey a stereo system i.e. with separate L and R speakers? The Krome acoustic pianos sound best when heard in stereo, and can sound rather restricted when listened to in mono.

How do the pianos sound using headphones, compared to through the speaker(s).

Just looking at the spec for the KB3 it is a single mono speaker system so a second KB3 would be required for the other channel. For outdoor or public hall use, at least 100W per speaker is required to be able to capture the dynamic range of the Krome, and some would argue 300W is required to fully capture a snare drum's dynamics even in a small room environment.
yank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
i like these EQ settings for krome piano :Low gain +07.0 ; mid freq 1.25hz ; mid gain +12.5, High gain 15.5
Le_Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I've tried putting a dummy plug in the mono channel and running it out through the right channel. Also tried running it from the 3.5mm headphone jack but both don't sound quite right. I'm only using the one KB3, my previous Yamaha was the P35 which ran in mono so would sound really rich coming through my old KB2. But the texture and timbre of the pianos through the Krome just sound off. Everything else comes through nice and rich, the clav/organ/perc etc. Maybe I've jumped too quickly and bought something that wasn't applicable to what I'm looking for as most of my repertoire is piano compositions using a looping system at time, so I need the piano to be clean but also warm. :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: