Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portable Bluetooth Speaker as keyboard monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reidoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Portable Bluetooth Speaker as keyboard monitor Reply with quote

Hey guys.
I have tested yesterday two bluetooth mobile portable spekers with my phone: Bose Revolve+ and JBL extreme.
I was blown away by their sound, portability and loudness.
I was just about to buy the PaAs speaker when i was struck by the ideea that i could use this kind of speaker as a monitor for home and even when gigging.
Their volume and deepnes was shocking to me.
They have a jack line in, so i would run it from my headphones out to the speaker through a small cable.
What do you think?
Has anyone tried this?
oldguy29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headphones out is not best way. Since the blue speakers have a line in,, use the main l, r, outputs on the Pa4x to connect to the blue speakers. you could also use the out 1 ,2 from the Pa4x but those outputs do not have any FX on them. (is the blue speaker in, a stereo 1/8 plug ? , then you need a 1/8 stereo to 2, 1/4 inch mono cable)
Reidoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldguy29 wrote:
headphones out is not best way. Since the blue speakers have a line in,, use the main l, r, outputs on the Pa4x to connect to the blue speakers. you could also use the out 1 ,2 from the Pa4x but those outputs do not have any FX on them. (is the blue speaker in, a stereo 1/8 plug ? , then you need a 1/8 stereo to 2, 1/4 inch mono cable)

Thank you for your answer.
The speaker has a 3.5 stereo jack audio in.
I could go with two 4.5 L/R out to one stereo 3.5 or the same but from headphones with one 4.5 to 3.5
My problem is not conectivity, but if i should buy or not.
The Bose Revolve+ is just a little cheaper than the PaAs but not with much, but it is so much more portable. I was shocked by how loud it is. It's basically the size of a big soda can. It would be great to use it as monitor at gigs, and not carry my 20kg keyboard amp around.
Not sure how i would put it on the keyboard though, afraid to not look a little weird and ruin it's smooth design
oldguy29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, your plug specs are the same as mine (I just used old dimensions) Headphone outputs are not the same as line outputs. It has to do with impedance. theoretically the speakers (line in) will sound better when using line outputs (L,R,1,2) than headphone. Try it and see if you can hear the difference in audio quality. Let us know Razz
Reidoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldguy29 wrote:
yes, your plug specs are the same as mine (I just used old dimensions) Headphone outputs are not the same as line outputs. It has to do with impedance. theoretically the speakers (line in) will sound better when using line outputs (L,R,1,2) than headphone. Try it and see if you can hear the difference in audio quality. Let us know Razz

I know it's bad to use headphones as output...but I muat admit I have done it many times.
When I had my ex keyboard, the Pa3xLe, i was playing at home on home cinema sound system, and through headphones out in my opinion i got a so much better sound than through L,R.
On the other hand...on my PA it is a lot better on outputs.
Nevertheless...i have a gig fridays and saturdays where i go from L,R out to my monitor, and 4.5 jack from my headphones to RCA in the bar's mixer and speakers and it works fine.
But what do you think about portable bluetooth phone speakers. Could they be used as monitors and home study? That Bose little thing sure impressed me...
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did tried few transmitters to send signal to my stereo Bluetooth headphone, but latency was not acceptable, is hard to play if your hearing sound has delay.
Is OK if you listening something, but for live playing, not recommended.
But this is only my opinion, from my experience. Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: