Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving setlist/sequence song with backtrack issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Saving setlist/sequence song with backtrack issue Reply with quote

Hello,

I am still very new to the Kronos 2 having only owned it for about a month or 2. I created a combi and went into sequencer mode where I added a wav background track that I can play along to. My only problem is when I save the song template in the sequencer mode and turn off And restart my machine the combi loads but the background track will no longer play when I hit the start stop button. The track has been saved to the Kronos internal memory. I also tried saving this to the setlist mode and writing it but again, it loads the combi but not the background track wav file. Is there any way to save this so the back track loads back up as well? Thank you!
Phinnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songs (sequencer mode) don't autoload upon startup. You have to go the song file in question (.sng file) and load it each time.

When you save a song file, it will save ALL the contents of your sequencer mode which is both good and bad. Good in that you can have 1 or 10 or 100 songs in a single song file and load them all in one swoop. However it can be bad as editing songs in a giant list can be difficult.

So I make individual song files for each song, then make "anthologies" for each band made up of several songs saved as a new file.

Make sense?
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! I was hoping I was just making a simple mistake haha! Do you create the anthologies in sequencer mode as well? Thank you for getting back to me on this as well! I appreciate your help!
Phinnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so for my single songs, I have the one song and the rest of the song slots empty. I edit and work on the song in that format.

When I want an anthology, I load each song in a specified order (to make sure it matches my set list assignments) and select "append" when loading. This will put the new song right after the last song in the list. Once I have all songs loaded, I save that list as a new song. Then, when I get to a gig, I just have to load one song and I'm ready.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help Phinnin!!! This will help me out greatly! I never would have figured this out on my own so thanks again Smile!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: