Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No countdown? - No new Korg workstation!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
narf wrote:
50 years of synths... but it’s only the beginning
https://www.facebook.com/korgaus/videos/1562572793796135/

It starts with a P followed by 8 letters and numbers...

Prototype 50
2 76 keybeds..
And a workstation

I allways tought they would call it the Korgan...

you were close. Maybe keep that wish list for another day Wink
korgiefanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kronos still has a ton of life in it. I would rather see a major firmware update to kronos instead of a new board...Anyone with me on this?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgiefanatic wrote:
the kronos still has a ton of life in it. I would rather see a major firmware update to kronos instead of a new board...Anyone with me on this?

Oh, yes! Very Happy

I'd also contemplate a motherboard upgrade in it as a route to more power.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
korgiefanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg would be so far ahead to just upgrade existing kronos with firmware and even motherboards if possible...i mean the hardware is top notch already and i would even pay for the update/grade...
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hans1966 wrote:
KORG PROLOGUE

http://www.audiokeys.net/forum/showthread.php/52773-NAMM-2018-KORG-PROLOGUE-8-et-KORG-PROLOGUE-16?highlight=prologue

That's a Korg Australia video - and - apart from a few classics, features a whole bunch of Korg's junk over the years too - and doesn't feature the OASYS or Kronos! All of the images used are also low-res. incredibly poor video - they should pull it.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgiefanatic wrote:
korg would be so far ahead to just upgrade existing kronos with firmware and even motherboards if possible...i mean the hardware is top notch already and i would even pay for the update/grade...

The sound and options are still top knotch
The interface is getting old...

It might be time for Korg to upgrade the Kronos for the 20’s...
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by leonh on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why update the best no competition workstation out there it does not make business sense Korg is no charity they are out there to make money when something else comes out and challenges Kronos then you will see new model .
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
korgiefanatic wrote:

The sound and options are still top knotch
The interface is getting old...

It might be time for Korg to upgrade the Kronos for the 20’s...

Is it still a #1 seller in your country ? Per a distributor ( thoemann ?)

I think we discussed market demand back in Sept. Or tried to as best we could
methusala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice in the wilderness here. Make the Oasys integrate with the K. Shame it's mission impossible.

Patrick
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
Quote:
there is a better chance of it being a vst/au Kronos package or ios product than a new workstation to rival or surpass the Kronos.

Why would that be? Considering the complexity of something like the Kronos it comes close to creating your own DAW and given the fact that Korg still creates revenue for the most part with selling hardware components (usually combined in a hardware instrument, that is).

GregC wrote:
Quote:
Apparently cross platforming is the best approach to attempt to get the best of both worlds.

Well this is what most people did for the last 5 years or so (since 64bit is an actual reality). But as we know, no one needed the Kronos or even the Oasys back in 2005 to be able to play and create music in 32bit.

Quote:
64 bit and DAW integration are only 2 pieces of the puzzle to solve.

This, of course, is very true and I hope they don't leave it at that, if they ever come out with a Kronos successor.

Just an example of where I see the odds of a new workstation. Slim to nothing, get it? I am however happy with what they have offered up this year! A path seems to have been revealed or maybe my imagination, but Minilogue then Karp then Monologue, now the prologue. Imagine an updated Kronos with this type of analog architecture included and combined with it! That excites me.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't they just make the Krono 2 like a year ago and recently released the Kronos LS?

This isn't like the olden days of the Trinity and Triton where tech is just developing rapidly and making the board outdated.

the Kronos tech is still beyond what it should be and everyone elses boards right now. I can't even think of what they could do to improve it except maybe adding in a bigger HD like it doesnt' have a huge one already. The Kronos is just hard to surpass even for Korg. If it's not broken then don't fix it. I would like to see some more Official Korg expansion packs for it though.
marc1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't they just make the Krono 2 like a year ago and recently released the Kronos LS?

Exactly, that's what I've been thinking.

Quote:
This isn't like the olden days of the Trinity and Triton where tech is just developing rapidly and making the board outdated.

I also think, they had planned to sell the Kronos as long as possible, especially after all those whiny Oasys owners cried over their supposed short lived product. And here we are 7 years and 2 major software updates later and still no end in sight (and no real contender).

Quote:
the Kronos tech is still beyond what it should be and everyone elses boards right now.

Yup.

Quote:
I can't even think of what they could do to improve it except maybe adding in a bigger HD like it doesnt' have a huge one already.

Oh, there are many many areas where you could improve this board, believe me. And this has already been discussed many many times here on the forum too.

Quote:
The Kronos is just hard to surpass even for Korg.

Here I definitely disagree and I think Korg has already been working on a Kronos successor for a couple of years now (probably). But I'd be very surprised, if we were yet to see it during this decade.

Quote:
I would like to see some more Official Korg expansion packs for it though.

+1
Thus far they already covered every area imaginable, but I'd like to see more Ambience Drums though.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big problem that I see is that KORG is one persuasive kickstarter away from a really compelling competitor.

I mean, that wouldn't be a problem for the purchasing public. It'd be great! But for KORG it'd be a problem.

So far they've been lucky that their keyboard workstation competition has been pretty sad. Kurzweil have been silent for ages. Yamaha and Roland are producing things that act more like heavily juiced MIDI controllers with performance capabilities, than actual standalone workstations.

AKAI Pro are the dark horse here, but they lack the synthesis capabilities of the Kronos.

A multi-core ARM CPU can deliver a lot of synthesis power these days, and there's a lot of efficient software that could put it to very good use, including some breathtakingly beautiful presets (sunvox springs to mind, but there are surely others, such as tracktion).

A keyboard, some control knobs, a touchscreen, and you're practically there. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Behringer put on their collective thinking cap and put it out, if only as an aura product.
Devnor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's laptops and software killing the need for workstations. At this point, I'm not sure I'm willing to drop $4000 for the next gen workstation that gets you what, maybe double the poly, a few new bells & whistles and a fancy new case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: