Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should Korg recreates miniature Hardware version of Korg M1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarwat8200

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Should Korg recreates miniature Hardware version of Korg M1? Reply with quote

Hi,

I personally think Korg should recreates the hardware version of Korg M1 in small form factor just as Roland & Yamaha did by releasing D-05 and Reface Dx. We all know that legendary M1 is going to complete its 30 years in 2018. So many of us would love to mark the celebration with new hardware replica.All hardware synth lovers are invited to cast their votes according to their wishes.

Best Wishes
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not, but just do the monopoly first Wink
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Should Korg recreates miniature Hardware version of Korg Reply with quote

Sarwat8200 wrote:
Hi,

I personally think Korg should recreates the hardware version of Korg M1 in small form factor just as Roland & Yamaha did by releasing D-05 and Reface Dx. We all know that legendary M1 is going to complete its 30 years in 2018. So many of us would love to mark the celebration with new hardware replica.All hardware synth lovers are invited to cast their votes according to their wishes.

Best Wishes

Rerelease the rack I reckon. Saves space. M1REX2. Give it 1000 slots for Progs and Comnbi's. Add new waves. Increase polyphony and timbre count.
Add 1 analogue filter and 1 analogue envelope so to effect a Poly800/EX800 emulation. The Mono/Poly should be achievable using a Prologue in unison mode for the lead sound of the Mono/Poly.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
slug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to happen. They already do the software version, and the pathetic buttons plus one fader interface has been largely abandoned by synth makers for a very good reason.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
Not going to happen. They already do the software version, and the pathetic buttons plus one fader interface has been largely abandoned by synth makers for a very good reason.

Yes I am full aware of how hard it is to paint a house through the letter box, I did it for the 10yrs my M1 was my only polysynth.

Doesn't have to be a perfect recreation, that would be dumb. Even if the 2line16char display was still used, putting dials where the buttons are would make it 100x more usable
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how great the iPad iM1 app is and how cheap the App was, I'd much rather see KORG release a midi controller that you can put your iPad into.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Given how great the iPad iM1 app is and how cheap the App was, I'd much rather see KORG release a midi controller that you can put your iPad into.

Good idea. I really don't like using mobile devices for making music on for the same reasons I wish the touch screen phone was never invented; I like to press a key and feel it work. I've tried many synth apps on my phone thinking I'd get into it the same way I did with when I had 3 DS-10's, but the DS has buttons and is not exclusively controlled with a stylus and even a stylus seems more tactile than a touch screen and more accurate than a chubby old finger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: