Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Collection Migration...What the heck ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgeWood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: KLC installations process Reply with quote

Hi brianf123

Did you uninstall your old KLC plugins before installing the new ones?

Also, did Korg ever say if the Legacy Cell was being phased out, I understand you can keep using it after upgrade (for the moment at least).

Kind regards,

George
Roland D-70
Roland SC88 Pro
KORG 05R/W
KORG X50
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: KLC installations process Reply with quote

GeorgeWood wrote:

Also, did Korg ever say if the Legacy Cell was being phased out, I understand you can keep using it after upgrade (for the moment at least).

For Current Users of KORG Legacy Collection: Announcement of
Server Migration Accompanying Partial Termination of Service

http://www.korguser.net/login.asp?OS=WIN&LAN=1&TOP=1

Korg does not mention how long the Korg User.net website will stay up. I suspect it will remain up for a number of months to allow existing Korg Legacy Collection owners to sign in and get the MIGRATE or UPDATE coupons for the new KORG SHOP versions.

Korg doesn't mention anything about the old Legacy Cell application in the new products. Given that application was originally created for the Korg KONTROL 49 controller (which is no longer sold) I doubt they will recreate it.

You can continue to use your existing KLC install, including the Legacy Cell application, as along as you want. The Korg User.net website is there for updates and authorizations.

I would recommend you go through the migrate process (if you want the existing products ) or the UPGRADE process (if you also want Arp Odyssey) soon and at least obtain the new product versions. After you order them you receive an email with software download links and a Product Code (Serial Number). You don't necessarily have to install them at this time.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
GeorgeWood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: KLC Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

I’ve alread obtained the codes and downiaded the new KLC (as well as the new ARP soft synth). I haven’t installed them yet as I wasn’t sure if the old versions should be uninstalled first.

From what I can tell, I can just keep using them for now, and install the ARP along side them?

Many thanks,

George
Roland D-70
Roland SC88 Pro
KORG 05R/W
KORG X50
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new versions just replaces the old versions, just like any other update. Theres just one new app, the ARP.

I sent a support letter into Korg, and they told me a few days ago that everything should be fixed.
And it was.
Still no resizable UI though. They're starting to look TINY on my 5K screen!
chevaliermusic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Not receiving product code email Reply with quote

I migrated and upgraded and did not receive all of the product code emails. Received 2 out of 3 product codes for existing legacy plugins but did not receive the code at all for the Wavestation (or now for the Korg Collection special bundle)

I have to say this has been a surprisingly bad experience. Purchased the bundle on Dec. 25th - received 2 replies and nothing further. (and no product codes) Anyone else having this experience?
ultrasub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the (painful) migration of my 5 products (as an old user of the 1st KLC with controller and lately the MonoPoly bought in 2013) and i'm very surprised that Korg doesn't offer any upgrade path for user like me.

Someone who bought the micro key bundled with M1 le benefit of an upgrade price (99$ for all) but those who bough the ms20 controller and pay for upgrade and new plugin (MonoPoly for my case) don't have any offer if they don't have the 6 instruments of the collection wich i found pretty unfair.

I've wrote to Korg, they ask me to "understand"

So i have to pay for single plugins as any new user. Thanks Korg.

why Korg doesn't offer a progressive upgrade offer function of the number of isntruments owned?

Anyone in the same situation?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultrasub wrote:
I made the (painful) migration of my 5 products (as an old user of the 1st KLC with controller and lately the MonoPoly bought in 2013) and i'm very surprised that Korg doesn't offer any upgrade path for user like me.

Someone who bought the micro key bundled with M1 le benefit of an upgrade price (99$ for all) but those who bough the ms20 controller and pay for upgrade and new plugin (MonoPoly for my case) don't have any offer if they don't have the 6 instruments of the collection wich i found pretty unfair.

why Korg doesn't offer a progressive upgrade offer function of the number of isntruments owned?

That surprised me as well, as the owner of the original Legacy Cell that was just M1 and Wavestation. Maybe that will come later! Smile

Having said that, I have Polysix and MS20 in my Kronos, and I have the GFORCE Oddity, so the only thing I am currently missing is the Monopoly, but if a good upgrade offer was available.....

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
ultrasub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That also was been a surprise for me...

I haven't got the Gforce oddity so the odissey could be a good addition for me. And the M1 as guest for a good upgrade price a pleasing add-on.

Unfortunately Korg doesn't seems to plan a future upgrade plan for old KLC users. Unless you have all 6 products, it's not a bundle you've got so you pay for every products at the retail price (wich, to be fair, is discounted at the moment).
That their position with no real arguments.

Maybe that the same team who planned/design the migration process, took this decision...
chevaliermusic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Discount upgrade for Legacy users Reply with quote

ultrasub wrote:

Hi,

I have had problems getting product codes for my migrated and upgraded products (very unhappy) but still I will share.

After you migrate any existing Korg legacy plugins - return to KORGUSER.NET and login to your account. Click upgrade coupon - you will find the upgrade for KORG M1 LE. (even if you did not have it - I never purchased the M1 LE)

You can use it to purchase the entire collection for $99.
ultrasub

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for the information but i've found no coupon just this :

Sorry, there is no upgrade coupon for you.
Users who have registered 6 KLC products (MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly, M1, WAVESTATION and MDE-X), or M1 Le are eligible for this upgrade offer.

Wich was not there yesterday so i think i'm not the only one who asked Korg about this...

Anyway thanks again, maybe i will take only the odyssey later (but seems to be heavy on CPU side)
matjones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New user here, unfortunately my first post isn't going to be a particularly positive one!

I purchased the 'special bundle' less than a month ago... i am subscribed to the Korg mailing list yet have had NO contact regarding this migration issue whatsoever! I've just literally stumbled across it whilst joining this forum to post that i would like bigger GUIs if possible.

Is there any kind of 'grace period' for those of us that purchased less than a month ago? I can find no mention of this on the site either?

I do hope my next post on here is a much more positive one!

UPDATE: Phoned/emailed Korg UK and currently a very pleasant chap called Ian is dealing with my case, says he hopes to have it resolved next week due to holidays.

FURTHER UPDATE:
Many thanks to Ian @ Korg UK!
All sorted now with new registration and the new ARP Odyssey Very Happy
Monkey Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had exactly the same thought, Mat.

I too "stumbled" across this upgrade thingy. Having not received any correspondence from Korg, I can't help but wonder what would've happened a year or two down the track when and if I eventually realised what was going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: