Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setlists
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Norman Bonus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Setlists Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the order of the Setlists by drag and drop for example.
Whilst going on stage suppose the singer says “ Do song 7 where song 4 is and replace song 5 in set 2 with song 9”
Looking forward to your comments.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Setlist screen Edit tab allows Cut, Copy, Paste and Insert operations, so yes, it is possible. It is also possible to select a range of items and cut, copy, paste and insert them, en-bloc.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this video very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMueyh0_Q8&t=21s
Sir Norman Bonus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean rearranging the songs from the Setlists select page prior to entering the required song containing all the programs / combis etc.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

???
Sir Norman Bonus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On opening Setlists for the first time, if you click on the Setlist selection button at the top left of the screen, you are taken to a page containing ALL your songs.
It’s THIS list of songs I want to rearrange at a moments notice.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rearrange at a moments notice", yeah I don't think that's doable. I have 16 songs viewable in the set list screen. If a song is requested out of sequence , I've just learned to deal with it. I'll tap the set list page forward and tap on whatever is needed.

I have found that if the set list has been changed before the show starts, if I have a few minutes I can cut and paste and make it work.
Sir Norman Bonus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep think that’s what I’ll have to do “ Just deal with it “
Thanks anyway Falcon2e
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. And, I was about to edit my post. I have 8 songs in the screen. That allows a space for 'notes to me' above them.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 128 slots in a single setlist are more than enough for most folks' entire evening's worth of playing.

Individual Setlists were indended for different sets, and not for individual songs e.g. one setlist could contain all the Programs, Combis and Sequences needed for a theatre production, another Setlist for a small club Country and Western gig, one for a musical techniques teaching class, and and so on.

Using an entire Setlist for a single song seems like overkill, and not the workflow intended by Korg.
Sweat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rearraged a few set lists at a moments notice by using Michel Keijzers' awesome PCG Tools. I save the pcg file to a flash drive and edit it on my laptop. Save it, then load back to kronos. You can do it in a couple of minutes.

PCG Tools can cut and paste entire set lists of slots. Strange, but the Set List Name does not get copied. Not a big deal, just name the list again.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/OvRO97XmdzU
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
I have rearraged a few set lists at a moments notice by using Michel Keijzers' awesome PCG Tools. I save the pcg file to a flash drive and edit it on my laptop. Save it, then load back to kronos. You can do it in a couple of minutes.

PCG Tools can cut and paste entire set lists of slots. Strange, but the Set List Name does not get copied. Not a big deal, just name the list again.

THanks for hte nice words.

I completely agree, it is strange. However, functionally I made a simple design which does not support the copying of names. Because I treat the set list as 128 separate set list slots, the name is not copied. It's relatively hard to implement (time wise).

Btw, using the keypad 8 (up) and keypad 4(down) key makes moving even faster.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Citizen Dan Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Norman, here is the work around I use. I also use the Setlist for individual songs as some of our songs have multiple Combi switches in them, not just one Combi per song. I then use unReal Book app on my iPad attached with camera connection kit (also works for forScore as well I understand) and create my set lists there for the gig. For each song selected in UnReal Book, I have set it up through the File-MIDI function built into it so that it then sends a Midi dump to my Kronos automatically when the song is selected (and also to my secondary board on channel 6). Here is a sample:
B0 00 00
B0 20 05
C0 00
(Note: you need to send all three of these to make it work, you can’t just send the Set List change part)
This string selects Set list 5 on the Kronos. (Aja in this case, which then has 6 different combis that I step through with the pedal for seemless transitions)
When the next song comes, I go to next song in the set list of unReal Book, it instantly sends out the next change and you’re Ready to go. If the leader changes the order, you can pick it quickly from the list and be ready. Just in case they call something I didn’t include in that set list, I keep a “Kronos Master” Setlist in unReal book that has all of my Set Lists (which are really songs) from the Kronos so that I am always ready for anything they throw out there!
This works great for me, it might work for you as well. I can’t figure out how to attach screen shots from my iPad, but if you need them, I could email a few to illustrate. Good luck.
[/img]
Citizen Dan Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Norman, here is the work around I use. I also use the Setlist for individual songs as some of our songs have multiple Combi switches in them, not just one Combi per song. I then use unReal Book app on my iPad attached with camera connection kit (also works for forScore as well I understand) and create my set lists there for the gig. For each song selected in UnReal Book, I have set it up through the File-MIDI function built into it so that it then sends a Midi dump to my Kronos automatically when the song is selected (and also to my secondary board on channel 6). Here is a sample:
B0 00 00
B0 20 05
C0 00
(Note: you need to send all three of these to make it work, you can’t just send the Set List change part)
This string selects Set list 5 on the Kronos. (Aja in this case, which then has 6 different combis that I step through with the pedal for seemless transitions)
When the next song comes, I go to next song in the set list of unReal Book, it instantly sends out the next change and you’re Ready to go. If the leader changes the order, you can pick it quickly from the list and be ready. Just in case they call something I didn’t include in that set list, I keep a “Kronos Master” Setlist in unReal book that has all of my Set Lists (which are really songs) from the Kronos so that I am always ready for anything they throw out there!
This works great for me, it might work for you as well. I can’t figure out how to attach screen shots from my iPad, but if you need them, I could email a few to illustrate. Good luck.
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: