Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

connection confusion with volca fm and monologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squiddokiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: connection confusion with volca fm and monologue Reply with quote

I currently have my monologue's midi out into my volca fm's midi in as well has having the volca fm's headphone port into the monologue's audio input. The two issues I am having with this setup (which may be connected) are as follows: the audio coming from the fm does not sound the same as when headphones are plugged in (even with the monologue drive all the way down, the filter completely open and both oscillators all the way down in volume, noise is very audible and audio is muddy) and while the midi keyboard of the monologue midi is working fine, knobs on the monologue control knobs on the volca in quite an annoying way (OSC 2 volume is mapped to octave on the volca fm lol). The other thing that is much less of a problem that I'd figured I'd just throw in is the fact that the sequence on the volca starts whenever I play the sequence on the monologue. This I can just fix by pressing play on the volca again or just deleting the sequence but it would be nice if I could fix this. Any ideas for fixing this?
slug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Volca sounding funny could be phase - its a stereo TRS out of the Volca to TS jack input on the monologue, probably phasing if you have stereo or mono both ends.

The other things are just simple MIDI Tx/Rx settings stuff as described in the manual, you have no way to control the mapping direct so best to set disable MIDI transmit on the monologue if you dont want those messages getting to the Volca.

As far as the sequencer start stop message goes thats how MIDI works so there is nothing to "fix". Some devices allow this to be filtered out of the sysex - on the monologue you can use the more basic sync connectors if you want synchronization without start/stop message.
squiddokiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. If I disable sending midi to the volca, it does not respond to me playing the monologue keys. The goal here is to use the volca almost like a third oscillator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: