Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 & Monologue setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
burtonjoyce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Electribe 2 & Monologue setup Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a quick question.

I've got the Electribe 2 & Monologue setup together. Just wondering how people work with them together?

I've got the audio running thru the Electribe2 (on a part) from the Monologue and synced at the moment, handy to use it that way with the insert effects.

How do other people use in their workflow, just out of interest?

Cheers!
Cade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Monologue, but I am using my E2S as a sequencer to sequence 4 synths on MIDI channels 1-4 (E2S pads 1-4).
Using the E2S for the drum parts, with custom samples.
No audio in to the E2S.
All audio out (via 1/4" jacks) to a K-mix mixer and Focusrite for recording. Sounds Good
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you've described is how I use it as well, Burton. Having access to the multi-FX means it makes sense to run the monlogue through the E2. I've started making all my patterns use the top-right part as a dedicated Audio-In, but I don't always sequence it (aka "leave the gate open") until I know I need to so it doesn't use up poly, yet can be gated by holding the pad. This way it's a little more like an ESX's workflow.

I don't sequence the monologue with the E2 although that could be cool, simply because I don't feel like using 2 parts' poly for external stuff (sequencing channel + input channel) nor using Audio-In Thru. A killer thing about the monologue is that you can fake multiple bars by reducing the resolution of the sequence! Obviously at 16 total steps this won't work for fast-paced arpeggiations, but the monologue (and electribes for that matter) are incredible at offering creative solutions: you could use a tempo-synced square LFO to make it seem like there are more than 16 steps, for example. Wink I like using the 'logue mainly for acid sounds, white-noise/comb-filter build-ups (although E2 is great for this too) and other texture stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: