Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ms20mini LFO trigger?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: ms20mini LFO trigger? Reply with quote

hi! i wonder if someone could help me short out this:

some old monosynths [like the mighty korg 770] had a function where the LFO would trigger the sound repeatedly [with the LFO's speed controlling the repeats].
i tried to recreate that by patching the ms20's MG out to the trigger IN, but that of course led for the sound to be constant, without a key being pressed.
cool and useful as this is, it's not what i'm trying to achieve, as what i want is the sound to be triggered only when a key is pressed and stop when the key is released.
any ideas of how to do it?

also, i've one more question, please excuse me if it's silly:
while it's ultra-easy to make vibrato [without even patching], i haven't found out how to make tremolo...

thanks a lot
any help'd be much appreciated.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmh, good questions.

I don't think it can be easily achieved on the MS20. The problem is a bit the VCA which has no external input to bypass the EG2.

For a good tremolo, you might use an external effect.
For the retrigger, you might mimic it e.g. by routing the MG square wave input to the HP filter input. The idea is that the MG repeatedly opens and closes the filter. Not sure how good this works...

Have fun.
ronni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i'll try the MG to HighPass to see how it works.
hardmuncle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you are trying to do involves the square wave, i saw a video in which he did this and i patched it into mine, the square cut off the sound and i could then modulate speed of the lfo so it acted like a trigger and sounded on off to the speed of the lfo.

If i come across the video again i'll post it, but try using the square wave then modulating vca and run the square wavee into the vca and then try some different outs cutoff and the others at the top to see if you can get the sound your after.

I only got mine this morning so if im miles out dont hate me lol
Blackfivx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good story to access the resources as well.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just route the MG square output to the trig in? Change the pulse width changes the trig time. Works on my MS-20 original. Is the some difference with the mini that stops that from working?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: