Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indian tones and rhythm for the kross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvsudev

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Indian tones and rhythm for the kross Reply with quote

Can anybody please share their collection of Indian tones and rhythms for the kross?
korgkross61

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Korg Kross 61 indian tones and rhythms Reply with quote

I got an SD card with Indian tones/rhythms with my recent Korg Kross 61 purchase here in India. If you're still interested I can share it with you and others who would like to check it out. Please let me know where to upload it so that other Korg Kross users may access it/benefit too from it, thanks.
rammstein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kross 61 indian tones and rhythms Reply with quote

korgkross61 wrote:
I got an SD card with Indian tones/rhythms with my recent Korg Kross 61 purchase here in India. If you're still interested I can share it with you and others who would like to check it out. Please let me know where to upload it so that other Korg Kross users may access it/benefit too from it, thanks.

that's cool! you could upload the files in google drive or onedrive or dropbox, then just post the link. here.

thanks in advance! Smile
korgkross61

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross SD card with Indian tones Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/znwvt20ot2vna94/AACD8dacpjMeIrv6isuI4nKPa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kl4mkyw13g9yrm/AAC1hlS291ySQ8sYOj3KLYAia?dl=0

please let me know if it works as I'm new to uploading stuff
rammstein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i was able to download the files from both links. thanks!

i'm just not sure what the .img files are for. does anyone have any idea if there is something i need to do with the .img files first before loading the .pcg on my kross?
korgkross61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: IMG files Reply with quote

rammstein wrote:

i'm just not sure what the .img files are for. does anyone have any idea if there is something i need to do with the .img files first before loading the .pcg on my kross?

Any luck/enlightenment on the IMG files ? what do they do/purpose ?
latheefjerry1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kross SD card with Indian tones Reply with quote

Dear Friend ,
I uploaded the indian tones - thanks - but some of them not working - no sound coming - what should do ?
that another 2 file for .img is for what - please help -
santur , shehnai, sitar , tampura , not working please help i needed that tones
latheefjerry1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: IMG files Reply with quote

[quote="korgkross61"]
rammstein wrote:

Any luck/enlightenment on the IMG files ? what do they do/purpose ?[/qu

Dear friend,

I uploaded the indian tones thanks - but some of them not working - no sound - shehnai santur, sambura etc not working we have to do anything with img.file ? please help
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The .img files are supposed to contain new bank of (Indian) PCM sample data. In Kross terminology, these are new multisamples added on top of these built in in the Kross. Once they are loaded, you would be able to use them in a program. In the P-OSC pages, you would be able choose the new multisample bank, next to the default ones, being Stereo and Mono. Once the new bank is selected, the multisamples in it can be used as well.

I saw a youtube video, where .img files are put in the root of the SD card. Then the card is inserted in the Kross and the Kross is booted. During boot the display shows that new samples are loaded.

I tried it at my side. I don't get the message of the samples being loaded. Hence I also don't get a new multisample bank available next the to the Stereo and Mono. I loaded the .PCG file as well and also encounters non working programs. When you look into these, they refer to an empty bank and to an empty multisample...
So the non working programs in the .PCG file rely on the samples in the .img files which I did not succeed to load.

Note my Kross has system version 1.0.4. Maybe the feature to automatically load the .img files at bootup has been disabled in this version and works only in 1.0.3?

Bye.
korgkross61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Indian tones Reply with quote

The Indian tones work fine with my Kross 61. Is it possible that they are encrypted and will only work with my Kross or has anyone else got them to work as well ? I have updated Kross to v1.0.4 and all 39 Indian tones load from the PCG file.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi korgkross61,

I doubt the .img files are encrypted or that they would only work on your Kross or that it only works on the 61 key version. That would really be a bit strange. At least you've proven it is not due to the system version.

The .img files are probably a concatenation of compressed audio samples...

You may try to look at your SD and see whether it contains a hidden startup file, which I miss and causes that the samples are not loaded at my side.

Bye.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just strolled around the internet...

The Korg Krome has a similar unofficially supported mechanism to upload samples to the board.
It seems that on the Krome, the feature to load samples from the SD card, is enabled by holding once a key combination (page + record) during boot up. From then on it looks to the SD card and reads the samples form the .img files.

I think it will be the same on the Kross. I did not try to figure out what the key combination is.
I hope that Korg itself reveals this one day. It would be a real enhancement of the board.

Bye.
visham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Indian tones Reply with quote

korgkross61 wrote:
The Indian tones work fine with my Kross 61. Is it possible that they are encrypted and will only work with my Kross or has anyone else got them to work as well ? I have updated Kross to v1.0.4 and all 39 Indian tones load from the PCG file.

Hello,

In fact can you pls tell me how is the structure of the folders in the original SD card?

Thanks
Vdi7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to global media you have to install .pcg file first
Don’t mess with .img file
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: