Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 PCM Custom styles, sounds, Samples problem??????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: PA1000 PCM Custom styles, sounds, Samples problem?????? Reply with quote

When I load my custom sets to my new pa 1000 some of my favorite styles and sounds ..... well how can i say this.... it plays ok for few seconds then it starts making scratchy noises then it completely looses it. then i have to wait a minute or so for the keyboard to come back to life or sometimes i have to restart the keyboard to fix itself. this styles and sounds worked perfectly on my old pa900.

so what the problem is?

pa1000 sound engine is too weak to handle it?

or it cant handle some compressed sounds?

does anyone else having problem like this?
Shawn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same issue so I returned my PA1000
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
I had same issue so I returned my PA1000

oh really?

how many styles and sounds you had the problem with and was your samples compressed?
Shawn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the specs are impressive, like ROM is 4 times more than 900 and other stuff. I tested them side by side. I think the 900 got much cleaner and more powerful sound. I loaded setfiles which worked perfectly on 900 but sounded different on 1000. Somehow the whole keyboard has much more reverb. I adjusted the main reverb off of the Global but still had issues. The keybed is pretty much the same. The buttons, although are larger but the workmanship and plastic quality is much worse. I prefer the 900. The 1000 buttons are noisy.
I LOVE the capacitive touch screen. Very responsive, just like an iphone, but my god the resolution quality and colors are awful. You can not change colors. The 900 has much more expressive colors on the screen. Maybe mine had a bad workmanship, but i tell you, the 4 volume knobs on the left side were not pushed in all at the same level. One was 1/8 inch higher than the other ones. you could see it since there is light emitting from below. The sound bank is less than 900. For example guitar bank on 900 has much more variations of nylon guitar.

For those of you who might think I am biased, compare the stayle "DISCO CHA CHA" from latin dance bank between 900 and 1000 see how the 9000 has much more sharper cleaner sax, etc. Start with the intro A and you can see.

Bottom line, I love Korg and was so excited for the 1000, ordered it 2 months ago but I am disappointed. Hopefully new OS update will fix all these then I can get one again.

I love to hear some feedback from other members of our forum about their experience with their 1000.

With Utmost Respect & Warm Regards
Shawn
denistu007

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Not sure if Korg released any bug fixes, but I am curious if you are still having difficulties using PA900 sets on PA1000.

I am considering switching my PA900 for a PA1000 but would rather not do that if the user-sets on PA900 are not "playable" on PA1000.

I spent a lot of money on professional sets for PA900 and if I have to buy them again for PA1000, the "upgrade" would be too expensive.

Curious to hear if you were able to figure out what went wrong ..

Thanks,
Denis
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa1000 major incompatibility up to OS v1.1 was under my experience , Direct set conversion issue with similar
models resources (like Pa4X) and also itself !
All other main custom resources that were transferred from Pa4X (compressed ) , worked as expected since they
share the same Linux based OS and most of hardware.

Unlike of what Korg insist in their specs , there was never an absolute identification and parity between
the same custom resources under different models with updated Linux OS !
Pa800 resources were never totally identical when converted for Pa3X , same for older models when converted
to Pa4X/Pa1000/Pa700 and this will be also confirmed in all future PaSeries.
Reasons are crystal clear :
- Not the same effect routing
- Not the same effect processors and code lines of software
- Not same inserts & available effect slots
- Not the same Sample engine , DNC to DNC2
- Not the same Styles editor/missing Style features & functions
All can be converted from older models but they will never be identical so you have to edit all tranfered
resources , remaster all older Styles and re-save them.

A bad custom sample can be heard better in lower resolution DAC 16b like in Pa900 , but a better resolution
DAC 24b of Pa1000 will make audible all bad sample's loop artifacts and glitches and the badly developed PCM
resources will sound awful because in fact they're bad , contrary , high - end samples will be heard in Pa1000/Pa4X
very bright/clean and crispy and all details of sound colour will be finally revealed like f.e. in cymbal sounds.

I Develop PaSeries resources since 2007 , I know all above in advance and I highly recommend users that purchasing
third-party developers stuff , always to buy resources from valid developers that are targeting only the specific
model you own and not all models from 2005 and all incompatibility and wrong code lines of STY/PCG files are
transferred from one model to another up to Pa1000 ...
This is the main reason of older custom resources issues that users face with undefined SETs downloaded from internet.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
denistu007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Antony!
Very helpful information as always. Things are much clearer now.
Cheers,
D.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn wrote:
Well, the specs are impressive, like ROM is 4 times more than 900 and other stuff. I tested them side by side. I think the 900 got much cleaner and more powerful sound. I loaded setfiles which worked perfectly on 900 but sounded different on 1000. Somehow the whole keyboard has much more reverb. I adjusted the main reverb off of the Global but still had issues. The keybed is pretty much the same. The buttons, although are larger but the workmanship and plastic quality is much worse. I prefer the 900. The 1000 buttons are noisy.
I LOVE the capacitive touch screen. Very responsive, just like an iphone, but my god the resolution quality and colors are awful. You can not change colors. The 900 has much more expressive colors on the screen. Maybe mine had a bad workmanship, but i tell you, the 4 volume knobs on the left side were not pushed in all at the same level. One was 1/8 inch higher than the other ones. you could see it since there is light emitting from below. The sound bank is less than 900. For example guitar bank on 900 has much more variations of nylon guitar.

For those of you who might think I am biased, compare the stayle "DISCO CHA CHA" from latin dance bank between 900 and 1000 see how the 9000 has much more sharper cleaner sax, etc. Start with the intro A and you can see.

Bottom line, I love Korg and was so excited for the 1000, ordered it 2 months ago but I am disappointed. Hopefully new OS update will fix all these then I can get one again.

I love to hear some feedback from other members of our forum about their experience with their 1000.

With Utmost Respect & Warm Regards
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I beg to differ. And not just about the keybed ( which though not as good as on the top range is definitely better than the skating rink on the pA900). the same goes for the amplificiation of the PA1000 which is vastly superior to the PA900 ( close to the legendary PA800 in fact). As for the reverb issue I have had no problems with that and I definitely do not favour a lot of reverb !!! As to the sounds and styles, I think it is once again a step forward and I am currently putting the finishing touch to my new set of JS musical resources ( see this forum on Sunday next). All in all I think the PA1000 is a better instrument than the PA900 but unfortunately Korg decided to alter its system of saving registrations with the current generation of keyboards
( PA4X, PA1000, PA700) on account of which older material can not be used anymore or at least not in the way it was intended or had been programmed. Antony can probably be more specific and technical about it but it all comes down to locating sounds and styles in different places and doing away with the Style Change button so that now you can only save your full registrations in the Songbook.
Wit the most recent update ( fill in choices) I hope they will also find a way to bring back the Style Change function thus allowing the user to save a complete registration under the Keyboard Set buttons. ( ....once called Performances to the seasoned Korg players Smile

regards
John Smies
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 PCM Custom styles, sounds, Samples problem?????? Reply with quote

vetsnipe wrote:
When I load my custom sets to my new pa 1000 some of my favorite styles and sounds ..... well how can i say this.... it plays ok for few seconds then it starts making scratchy noises then it completely looses it. then i have to wait a minute or so for the keyboard to come back to life or sometimes i have to restart the keyboard to fix itself. this styles and sounds worked perfectly on my old pa900.

so what the problem is?

pa1000 sound engine is too weak to handle it?

or it cant handle some compressed sounds?

does anyone else having problem like this?

Hi vetsnipe,
I hope you've already sorted out your problem since you report is from Feb 2018.

I have almost similar problem with my Pa1000, (more details in below link... )
I use custom set with samples on it. I loaded 2 different sets (from Pa4X and Pa3x which are working correctly in their respective keyboards)
without any problem, but they do not work/play correctly in my Pa1000.
It would be great and helpful to hear your opinion.

There is a post with more details about my Pa1000's issue here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119234[/url]

and here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119133
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: