Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign vibrato to Joystick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iryon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Assign vibrato to Joystick Reply with quote

Hello guys,
Recently I updated from Kronos (73 keys) to Kronos 2 (61 keys) and I would like to face the programming of new sound on Korg (because in the past I only programmed with Yamaha which I knew better). Do you have some links to spare to learn how to program with Kronos?

I have edited some sounds with my first Kronos according to my needs (nothing special), now I would go further and since I had long kept a patch available on the internet of the lead of Jens Johansson I thought it could be great to start. The patch uses the Polysix engine but lacks vibrato and I can not find a way to assign it to the Joystick + Y
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Polysix EXi Main tab, which brings up the Polysix control panel, tap on the Vibrato control knob at top left to bring up the VCO menu. Set the AMS (Alternate Modulation Source) parameter to JS+Y (CC#01), and the Vibrato Int (intensity) value to a non-zero value (maximum value is 10). Joystick upward movement should now control vibrato.

The Kronos User Manual and the Kronos Parameter Guide are highly recommended. Use the PDF reader's text search function to quickly find items of relevance.

Iryon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Kronos User Manual and the Kronos Parameter Guide are highly recommended. Use the PDF reader's text search function to quickly find items of relevance.

Thank you for you reply, I'll have a look in the manuals as well.

What I meant in my first post was that I already found that panel you suggested me but I cannot speed up the vibrato. I tried to copy vibrato values from other Polysix patches in Kronos but in mine the vibrato is still slow and all values on vibrato panel seem to affect the width of the pitch modulation.
If you have any clues I will really appreciate Smile
Maybe the programmer of that patch done something (perhaps wrong) surely in a way I'm not so confident to detect. I'm thinking about startin this patch from scratch and step by step copying the values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: