Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guide/tutorial for programming sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Guide/tutorial for programming sounds Reply with quote

Can someone guide me to any good article detailing envelopes ( ADSR) for common instruments and parameters which goes well with a particular instrument.
one good basic tutorial I could find is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9niampRkFW0&t=81s
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are 7 pdf document tutorials on my site (created by Kris Oosting) that explains the basics of programming the MS-20 and Polysix.

http://www.quirobinez.nl/tutorials-blog/documents

i've also created a simple tutorial how to program pad sounds in the HD-1 engine which also cover the basic elements of synth programming.
rpowell01

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q has the best tutorials that I've watched so far.
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
there are 7 pdf document tutorials on my site (created by Kris Oosting) that explains the basics of programming the MS-20 and Polysix.

http://www.quirobinez.nl/tutorials-blog/documents

i've also created a simple tutorial how to program pad sounds in the HD-1 engine which also cover the basic elements of synth programming.

Thank you QuiRobinez
I did sample sound but when I create the loop I am getting click sound at loop points I did try crossfade and other steps mentioned in your tutorial. but could not get a smooth loop.
Any suggestion on what needs to be done to have a smooth transition loop with sampled instruments?
Appreciate your help
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looping is the hardest thing about sampling. It's hard for everyone. It's an art in itself. You need a good ear to tell where in the sample is a good spot to do the loop point. The end of the loop point needs to sound very much like the beginning of the loop point. The better they match, the easier the rest will go. Then, you need the patience to move that point around to get the lowest noise. Looking for a match of the waveforms so they are electrically at the same place. Like a zero crossing point is common.
The crossfade usually works best with short cross fades. Making a long cross fade is because you didn't match the sound of the beginning and end of the loop. That will always be heard. The better that match, the easier the cross fade success. I would suggest you approach it as a learning experience taking your time and lots of practice. Get used to what each aspect of looping can offer and really, just doing it is best.

Good luck!

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vkhandelwal wrote:

Thank you QuiRobinez
I did sample sound but when I create the loop I am getting click sound at loop points I did try crossfade and other steps mentioned in your tutorial. but could not get a smooth loop.
Any suggestion on what needs to be done to have a smooth transition loop with sampled instruments?
Appreciate your help

That's from a different tutorial (the sampling tutorial), but here's how to do it.

When using the crossfade trick for looppoints it's really important that the time between your looppoints is long enough. So if possible make that time between the points larger and try again.

Another really important trick for creating click free loops is to set the start and end looppoint at the same DB level. Preferable to set the looppoints at 0 DB.

The last tip is that in most cases you will see a repeating pattern in the wave form. Try to set the start looppoint at the beginnen of a pattern you see and the end point at the end of the pattern (if possible after a few repetitions of the pattern).

In the beginning it's challenging to create click free looppoints, but practice makes perfect and above tips will be of help when experimenting with the perfecting loop points.
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
Looping is the hardest thing about sampling. It's hard for everyone. It's an art in itself. You need a good ear to tell where in the sample is a good spot to do the loop point. The end of the loop point needs to sound very much like the beginning of the loop point. The better they match, the easier the rest will go. Then, you need the patience to move that point around to get the lowest noise. Looking for a match of the waveforms so they are electrically at the same place. Like a zero crossing point is common.
The crossfade usually works best with short cross fades. Making a long cross fade is because you didn't match the sound of the beginning and end of the loop. That will always be heard. The better that match, the easier the cross fade success. I would suggest you approach it as a learning experience taking your time and lots of practice. Get used to what each aspect of looping can offer and really, just doing it is best.

Good luck!

Geo

Thank you
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
Vkhandelwal wrote:

Thank you QuiRobinez
Appreciate your help

That's from a different tutorial (the sampling tutorial), but here's how to do it.

When using the crossfade trick for looppoints it's really important that the time between your looppoints is long enough. So if possible make that time between the points larger and try again.

Another really important trick for creating click free loops is to set the start and end looppoint at the same DB level. Preferable to set the looppoints at 0 DB.

The last tip is that in most cases you will see a repeating pattern in the wave form. Try to set the start looppoint at the beginnen of a pattern you see and the end point at the end of the pattern (if possible after a few repetitions of the pattern).

In the beginning it's challenging to create click free looppoints, but practice makes perfect and above tips will be of help when experimenting with the perfecting loop points.

Thank you ! your videos are indeed very helpful.
tim_heinrich

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/rasb6mHiAvs

https://youtu.be/FrdzAqtRYzE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: