Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Korg Kross 2 menu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keyswhiz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Help with Korg Kross 2 menu Reply with quote

I am having difficulties with navigating the menu. If I have have two patches set up I want to edit the key zone - how do I tell which is timbre 1 or 2 plus what is the best way to access key zone for each timbre?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks.

I have been comparing the Kross 2 and Roland Juno DS and it is a case of chalk and cheese.

I cannt get my head around the menu of the Korg, I wish there was an easy and more importantly a quick way of doing something.

I will be seeing a Korg Rep at a evening event in a few weeks and will ask some questions.
KalvinB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to refer you to the manual because it's so poorly written but if you look on page 50 under "splits and layers" the display on the Kross 2 should tell you which timbre you're dealing with. On that page under step 7 they show the Kross display for key zone setup and it looks like each timbre is displayed: you can see "(timbre 01)" just to the right of the center of the display. Good luck with it.
Keyswhiz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Menu on Kross Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. The menu is frustrating and discouraging but I have figured out how to break it into small learning chunks.

I’m in a band and want to be able to save combi setting for our songs and then set favourite for each one so that I can recall with one touch.

The editing bit using the menu is really poor and the manual is huge.
What has worked for me is once I figure out how to do things like change a timbre, split point, or rename, I write down the steps put the page in the manual that refers to it in the front of the my binder for quick reference. Then I did a mini index and it was easy to find if I got into trouble.

Really place close attention to the steps in saving an edit, I missed one step and had to start over the next day.

Good luck with the Korg rep. They need to get some user input in their designs before they launch new products.

G Mac,
Mississauga, Canada
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kross 2 was such a vast improvement over the original...that I just had to have it,as soon as I discovered it....but that damn puny display screen,makes navigating so ridiculously tedious...so never again,will I ever make the mistake of settling for such a pathetic display.
It's really sad,that my android phone is over twice the size of my K2's display...there's no valid reason for such tiny displays in this day & age....so once again,I am selling yet another Korg product(my K2) and I'm sticking with my PC setup.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, I really want the Kross 2 but each time I go and try one then swap over to a Roland Juno, the Juno is just so quick and easy to do whay I want to do with it.

The Korg is the size and weight I want and despite the rubbish screen size I will stick with it.

At a demo evening they hooked up a PA4X to a large TV so we could see the display, in all its c600x400 or thereabout picket size, the connection was via RCA plug, I mean that is 80s tech, come on Korg give us at least 200 mm wide screens and HDMI video output or at the very least Apple connectors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: