Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample pattern/midi control question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m0thlight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Volca Sample pattern/midi control question Reply with quote

hi everyone

so i was wondering if there is a way of storing pattern data made on the Volca in a computer and loading them on so it remembers them?

reason being I almost bought one last week (absolutely love the sound and workflow!) but was put off by the fact you can only store 10 patterns onboard, as i was hoping for it to be something I could write and store drum loops on

also, theoretically would it be possible to send pattern data to the volca from ableton whilst still using it as a 'live performance instrument' with all the knob/FX features being usable to tweak the sound? so i could write loops in ableton and then send them to the volca to 'perform' them

am looking for a little rhythm sampler to go alongside ableton..used to have an ESX1 but its bust Sad, so far not liking the feel of the ESX2 (feels too prescribed)

cheers
Blauer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Did you end up being able to send midi data from ableton to the volca sample?
I'm also having the same issue. I can get it to sync to ableton via midi no problem however I can't trigger the volca samples via midi.
Very annoying :/
slug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can program and transfer the 10 sequences from the Vosyr Volca Sample app, so if using Vosyr connected in realtime it provides that functionality, except you are making the sequence on Vosyr and transmitting to the Sample. You can copy sequences, plus save and edit automation too, so its a pretty handy companion app.
alien_brain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vosyr doesnt seem to be able to play back automations created in it... did i miss something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: