Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RFNY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

Hey guys, very excited to join this group. I just purchased Korg PA4X Oriental and loving it and slowly learning more about it and all the different tricks, what a powerful machine!

I want to convert MP3 songs into Midi to be able to extract to a new Style.

- How do you guys find Middle eastern songs in Midi format?
- Or how do you convert your MP3 songs into Midi?
- Any tricks you guys want to share?

If anyone is in the NY, USA area, contact me please.

Appreciate your help.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

Hello RFNY,

You can't really convert your average pop songs in mp3 format to a usable midi file. It's just not possible. There are limited solutions available but not for this purpose.

The only way is either you google for midi files or have someone to record them for you and then take it from there.

RFNY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Hello RFNY,

You can't really convert your average pop songs in mp3 format to a usable midi file. It's just not possible. There are limited solutions available but not for this purpose.

The only way is either you google for midi files or have someone to record them for you and then take it from there.

Thanks Sam. Unfortunately can’t find current or even older pop middle eastern midi songs readily available online. Not clear on what you meant by: “Have someone record them for you” what would they be using to record or convert the files? Thank you!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

That's right. It's very easy to find or buy well-arranged midi files for the western pop music but not so much for ethnic and middle eastern music.

In any case, if you're looking for a midi file that is not available for download, then the only option would be to hire a musician to record a midi file for your favorite song. That could also be a good question for an ethnic forum that focuses on that type of music.

What would they be using to record?

They would listen to the song and manually reproduce the song in midi format. It takes a musician with good ears to be able to do that. You'd have to identify the elements/parts in the song and record them one by one in a software or hardware sequencer.

Stilli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RFNY,

I Goggled "Midi Songs Middle Eastern" from here in the UK and got several hits. If you are more specific in your search or actually know the names of the songs you are looking for I'm sure you will find at least some of what you are looking for.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
RFNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
That's right. It's very easy to find or buy well-arranged midi files for the western pop music but not so much for ethnic and middle eastern music.

In any case, if you're looking for a midi file that is not available for download, then the only option would be to hire a musician to record a midi file for your favorite song. That could also be a good question for an ethnic forum that focuses on that type of music.

What would they be using to record?

They would listen to the song and manually reproduce the song in midi format. It takes a musician with good ears to be able to do that. You'd have to identify the elements/parts in the song and record them one by one in a software or hardware sequencer.

Wow that doesn’t seem like an easy task. I play by ear as a personal hobby and I don’t do gigs so don’t think I will be able to hire professionals lol
RFNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
Hi RFNY,

I Goggled "Midi Songs Middle Eastern" from here in the UK and got several hits. If you are more specific in your search or actually know the names of the songs you are looking for I'm sure you will find at least some of what you are looking for.

Thanks, I did the same and the songs are pretty old! I wonder if anyone uses a good software to convert the files they would recommend
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

RFNY wrote:

Wow that doesn’t seem like an easy task.

Totally agree with you. There are no automated converters for this job.

RFNY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
RFNY wrote:

What about if I have other “how to” questions on the Pa4X, is this the right forum to ask?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

RFNY wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
RFNY wrote:

What about if I have other “how to” questions on the Pa4X, is this the right forum to ask?

Of course! This is THE place for anything korg related pretty much.

robby45

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

RFNY wrote:
Hey guys, very excited to join this group. I just purchased Korg PA4X Oriental and loving it and slowly learning more about it and all the different tricks, what a powerful machine!

I want to convert MP3 songs into Midi to be able to extract to a new Style.

- How do you guys find Middle eastern songs in Midi format?
- Or how do you convert your MP3 songs into Midi?
- Any tricks you guys want to share?

If anyone is in the NY, USA area, contact me please.

Appreciate your help.

In order to convert Mp3 file to MIDI, there are several online and offline converters available which you can use. You can also check tihs article for more information with convertion process https://youprogrammer.com/mp3-to-midi-online/
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X MP3 to Midi to Style Reply with quote

robby45 wrote:

In order to convert Mp3 file to MIDI, there are several online and offline converters available which you can use. You can also check tihs article for more information with convertion process https://youprogrammer.com/mp3-to-midi-online/

I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to actual songs with full arrangement. There's no method that can do this for obvious reasons. (Especially for oriental music that has a lot of pitch bend and tuning issues on top of everything else)

Other than that you can play the Jingle Bells solo melody and record it as an mp3 file. Most applications will probably be able to convert that to midi and get it right for the most part.

jpires

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: pa4x Mp3 to midi Reply with quote

Hi RFNY
Welcome to the Forum, I play ethnic music too and I program all my styles and sequencer, it is ease when you understand the basics, I don't know how much you know about programing, but you are in the right place, here in the forum we have people that know a lot about Korg. my self include I know a about programing, for the type of music I play I have to program my own styles and Sequencer, I don't use factory styles that much. Let me know how far can you go then I my be able to help.

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: