Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Kronos Cinematic Suite has been released !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Main core of Cinematic Suite has been completed adding Symphonic Epic Choirs and front seat Strings
for solo and minimal chamber ensembles.

Use HD for better sound
<src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IXpKnAshzj8?rel=0&autoplay=0&fs=1&showinfo=0&controls=1&loop=0&modestbranding=1&wmode=transparent&vq=hd1080" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Anthony, I love violin/viola and cello.

Your work on these instruments is the best I have heard. Excellent articulation.
Whats great is that I can tell you really understand these classic instruments.

Very convincing !
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GregC
Actually solo Strings are in circulation for more than 4 years in older WavesArt Symphonic Strings Suite and
demo is also the old one without newer toggle articulation automation that makes them far more convincing !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Thanks GregC
Actually solo Strings are in circulation for more than 4 years in older WavesArt Symphonic Strings Suite and
demo is also the old one without newer toggle articulation automation that makes them far more convincing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2eL0UPNch4

your demo on that is mostly quartet and string section.

I believe what you are saying- its just that this old demo does not show off the individual violin/viola/cello

I think the HD quality is the way to go for all your demos. Just my opinion.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope ... this is a secondary video , the main old (and re-published) video of Strings Suite is the bellow :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjmMp94pSKI
I always say to click on video "HD" button , but this really doesn't matter since all demos are real time played directly
from outputs and always Musicians with deep knowledge can understand the development level from the first sight ,
no fancy demonstrating is required for the "real" thing , sometimes a few instrument notes are enough IMHO ! Very Happy

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Nope ... this is a secondary video , the main old (and re-published) video of Strings Suite is the bellow :
I always say to click on video "HD" button , but this really doesn't matter since all demos are real time played directly
from outputs and always Musicians with deep knowledge can understand the development level from the first sight ,
no fancy demonstrating is required for the "real" thing , sometimes a few instrument notes are enough IMHO ! Very Happy

Thats much better, thank you. It takes some effort to weed thru all the demos to focus on specific interests, which is my priority.

I see you are offering this Suite on eBay, correct ? I am in the US.

Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I see you are offering this Suite on eBay, correct ? I am in the US.

This is mostly for promotion reasons , directly from WavesArt http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs
it's cheaper and distribution is via my server , so your home place is not important !
Demos in most of times are less significant for experts , the main page description is that counts
and details of needed articulation , for instance in this case http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Symphonic%20Strings%20Suite.html

studio460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Price and availability? Reply with quote

Your solo violins and cellos sound really good! I went to your site but couldn't locate any specific pricing or release information. What is your projected release date and what is the best method/way to buy for US customers (eBay? What is the link?), and are you offering any pre-order discounts? I would need the package for Kronos 2. Also, does the cinematic suite include all of your strings and orchestral samples? Are there additional libraries I would need to buy for a complete strings/orchestra/percussion package? Thanks!

Last edited by studio460 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
studio460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: To all: Reply with quote

To everyone:

On the WavesArt site, they state that I would have to delete the German Grand for the entire cinematic suite library to fit into RAM. I'm new to the Kronos—am I correct in that there is no way to upgrade the user RAM in the Kronos? (Is that a limit of the Kronos' 32-bit OS?) I understand you can add a second SSD, but that doesn't address this issue, correct?

Also, how does everyone think WavesArt's suite compares (based on these demos) with Kurt Ader's KApro EXs Sample Library Bundle Vol. 2 “Symphonic Dreams Complete 4” that I asked about in my other thread? WavesArt's suite seems to sound pretty darned good to me! Thanks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi studio460
- Pre-order has no meaning here ... it's software and in less than 10 days will be released and price will be shown in updated html.
- Do not confuse other 8 Suites bundle or K-X bundle with Cinematic Suite ... it's clearly mentioned that only 656 Mb of free Ram
are required for this , so you will decide how to handle your Preload.KSC in case that free Ram is not enough , but we'll arrange it for you ,
just contact with us for any question in the official emails , not here !
- You can never "delete" official Korg factory libraries , you can just temporary unload them if not included in Preload.KSC , also remember
that the actual protected samples are always stored in Kronos sys boot SSD and not in the secondary one (IMO you will never need 2nd SSD)
- Getting Cinematic Suite you get all mentioned contents , nothing else is required (equivalent with other 4-5 official Korg store similar EXs)
- Always your first option is WavesArt and not Ebay , payments are via paypal official menu of WavesArt , and your fist step is to contact
with us for personalizing your setup and provide the required info about your Kronos model/ID and setup.
We're the only team that personalize customers Setup with prompt support and never let you purchase anything before making
sure first that all will work like a charm , that's why direct Paypal menu links do not exist in official website !

I also want to be clear with Cinematic demos ... I personally improvise with whatever comes in mind in real time in Kronos described
COMBIs of Cinematic Suite , directly recorded from stereo outputs but as a Music Conductor , I know how to perform a Symphonic
Orchestra , even under improvisation , this is the actual purpose of Cinematic Suite that was made initially for my performances and
using 2 Kronos somehow to approach this https://youtu.be/UOWB7KWS9CA?t=1m2s

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony, can you comment on how you managed to program the string bends by velocity in your examples. It is too smooth to be done by velocity cross-switching, so I'm guessing that it's simply velocity => pitch envelope attack amount. Very well done.

Like here at 1:57, 2:01, and 2:06. But really it's all over the place in your demos. Also, nice attention to detail triggering the octave pitch bends, like on the bass (2:16 and 2:23).

From a southern U.S. point of view, playing the "fiddle" is just a local ethnic variation of playing the classical violin. Much of it depends on these types of string bends. A lot of country music songs have these signature fiddle "expressions". Using the stock Kronos violins it sounds too artificial. But your playing examples give me hope that I can play fiddle on my Kronos for my cover band needs Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
It is too smooth to be done by velocity cross-switching, so I'm guessing that it's simply
velocity => pitch envelope attack amount. Very well done.

Actually it's pure velocity switching but all articulations are natural samples of string instruments , nothing in my developed
sounds use any artificial PEG or crossfades , all have been prepared outside Kronos !
I also own all semitones native Up/Down glissandos of any instrument but HD1 if far too outdated to support legato detection
that even KorgPa sound engine has the basics , else you could hear miracles of legato emulations like LASS etc ...

Also remember in this 4 years old video , I use AMS topology , very outdated compared with my newer launched/hold
articulation techniques after triggering that I use in Cinematic Suite contents and those solo strings.
You can distinguish in video two points , where glitches happened when Y or SW were released earlier than they ought to be ,
this do not exist anymore , articulation is hold until key is released , no matter of what controller is next enabled , this ,
especially in Symphonic Orchestra , can reveal 2 separate instrument sections playing in parallel ...

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
studio460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey Antony!

Thank you for that detailed reply! I am quite new to the Kronos community and only just ordered a Kronos 2 this morning (so I'm not too familiar with all of this). Looking forward to hearing your suite on my NEW Kronos 88 Platinum someday soon!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

studio460 wrote:
my NEW Kronos 88 Platinum

Wish your new Kronos to be welcomed , this is a huge upgrade from Fantom in any level so don't waste your time
asking previous owners , meantime explore all your other demo libraries options until WavesArt release !

studio460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Antony: Reply with quote

Thanks! Looking forward to your release!
studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are these the best-sounding/best-playing solo cello and violins ever heard on a hardware synth? This demo sounds simply amazing! Kudos, Antony! I can't wait!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: